Halo: A New Sun Sets (The Movie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden26

Hello all my fellow 405th members. So for some time we have all wanted an awesome live action Halo movie. We got the Trailers along with Nightfall and Forward unto Dawn. The Trailers were not enough and Nightfall was a bit displeasing and it was about agent Locke. Forward unto Dawn was good but was mainly about Lasky and his time in the academy. I am posting this to discuss a possibility of my Production making a Halo Movie in the future. Now this is no ordinary Fan film. My crew and I work with high grade budgets and professional equipment and gear. Thanks to several members, they have been helping me to study Lore and I have finally came up with a main story. I also have several questions for you guys too. So the story begins off with the beginning of the Spartan ll Program. 75 children are taken for the program and begin the process. Trainers/Teachers such as Deja and Petty Officer Mendez, along with other AI's will make an appearance. If you know the story of Spartan ll"s then its pretty obvious of what's going to happen through training. And this will not be 100% accurate, but very similar. So incase you don't know, there is a large amount of Spartans that group up every now and then, and they form Red Team.

Li-008
Joshua-029
Vinh-030
Isaac-039
Douglas-042
William-043
Malcolm-059
Kelly-087
Jerome-092
Grace-093
Frederic-104
Alice-130
Beta-Red Actual
Red-Fifteen

Now these Spartans weren't always together. They later split up into 4 separate teams. But in this story its going to be about Halsey wanting to form a large amount of Spartans together to form a team which will be these guys. So in the story, after fighting a bit of insurrectionists, the first invasion of the covenant begins. Cities attacked, ruin and power is inflicted on the human race. Red team and other Spartans are quickly called in to fight off the unknown enemy. This is the first time Citizens have seen these super soldiers. Rumor and Propaganda begins. The lie of Spartans begins on the Media and people believe they were made to fight the covenant. Of course throughout the Films they will discover the identity and purpose about the covenant And continue to fight them. And by now you're probably thinking of Master Chief right? All though he is not apart of Red team, Master Chief has connections with Several of the member so Master Chief might make an appearance. This is all I will share for now. Now I have questions to ask.

1. What are your guys opinions on the story so far?

2. What should Red Teams armour be? (I know they all wear the same which is MJOLNIR Mk IV then switched to Mk V but I wanted to spice it up with the characters. For them to all have different colours and helmets. Halo 3 only has 11 helmets but there is 15 of them. Forward unto Dawn, you see Kelly and Fred wearing Reach armour which Spartan lll's use. Should we go with Reach armour or custom design several helmets and go with Halo 3 Armour?)

3.Which covenant Designs would you like to see? (Races, Vehicles, Weapons, etc. Which designs do you like?)

4. Prop Makers? (So of course we need props. But who makes them? I am aware of several members of the 405th who makes props, with electronics included. But it depends with which armour we go with. They gotta match bro. But they also need to be sturdy to be flung around)

5. Have suggestions? (This Film is for the soul purpose of entertainment for all the Halo fans out there. So we would like to include stuff that you guys like. A vehicle or planet. Have an idea? Then pitch it)

So thank you guys for your time with reading this and we hope you like it. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks!

okay point 2 most did have the mrkIV armor but some have helmets that weren't mrkIV Kelly would have EVA plus they had acress to the reach armor tpyes at the time.

for once I'd like to see like a lot of grunts and jackals and a few brutes and maybe an elite squad. weapon wise go with some of the reach weapons and vehicles a few drop ships and maybe a wraith and ghost.

for prop maker's.... you should check with the guys that can make copy's from molds I know we have a few that can do that.

for suggestions I'd like to see this get dirty and gritty, the locations need to look the part of a city under attack. plus I can point you to a map maker that can make a planet map for you if you need it. oh and if you can try and bring some marines or odst into the mix, and one other thing to keep in mine check nobel 10's film page for film making tips.

okay point 2 most did have the mrkIV armor but some have helmets that weren't mrkIV Kelly would have EVA plus they had acress to the reach armor tpyes at the time.

for once I'd like to see like a lot of grunts and jackals and a few brutes and maybe an elite squad. weapon wise go with some of the reach weapons and vehicles a few drop ships and maybe a wraith and ghost.

for prop maker's.... you should check with the guys that can make copy's from molds I know we have a few that can do that.

for suggestions I'd like to see this get dirty and gritty, the locations need to look the part of a city under attack. plus I can point you to a map maker that can make a planet map for you if you need it. oh and if you can try and bring some marines or odst into the mix, and one other thing to keep in mine check nobel 10's film page for film making tips.

Thanks! I definitely was going to include all Covenant Races and Vehicles along with Marines and ODST's and all the Vehicles. And since this universe has a huge fan base, the budget will be huge. So we'll be making the costumes stunt ready, have several hundred actors, I'll be in contact when the time comes to commission vehicles for sets like the inside of a Pelican and a Falcon. And the map maker sounds great! I would like to hear more about that. Thanks!

When you say "high grade budgets" and "professional gear", are you talking four figures and DSLRs/GoPros or 5-6 figures and REDs, F55s, etc? The amount of money you're throwing around will directly influence the grade of writer, crew, talent, props and locations you have to play with. That needs a comprehensive breakdown, as well as figuring in post because a movie like this is going to need hefty VFX. Some of it can be thrown together by an editor in AE (guns, maybe shields, screens, etc), but some will need 3ds Max, RealFlow, FumeFX, etc (building destruction, plasma physics, atmospherics...). That means having a real VFX budget, but not at the expense of story and acting talent (and a genius gaffer wouldn't hurt). If you're getting your budget through crowdfunding, you'd better have well over 500k followers and at least two or three previous high-quality works to show. The math on crowdfunding is brutal.

I'm currently almost finished on a more-or-less movie-grade BR85 master, I'm going to start playing with silicone today and tomorrow before mouldmaking begins, but that doesn't really help your pre-War timeline. Pre-built kits would certainly be the cheapest method of getting weapon props, since commissioning your own lines of BR55s, MA5s, SRS-99s, etc would probably put a five figure dent in your budget super quick. That said, you might be able to work out a deal for a bulk project with certain limitations on quality expectations. Armour and non-weapon props are going to be the tricky ones, probably best if you can try to get the armour made modular and vacuformed, with cast helmets, or something along those lines.

I get the general feeling that you may not have fully considered the budgetary requirements of a movie like this. There's a reason we still don't have a Halo feature, after all. Just go ask LilTyrant what she'd charge for a single one of her (basically movie grade) undersuits made for your Kelly actress, never mind Grace or Alice. The number one most important aspect of a movie is story, particularly if you're aiming at the ranks of official content. That means the very first thing you should do before anything is hire a line producer and a good journeyman screenwriter, give them an approximate budget (which I would peg, all things considered based on what you've written, at about $50-70k) and have them come up with 90 pages based on that budget. Don't be surprised, though, if once the line producer's broken down the costs of EVERYTHING including portapotties on set and drinking straws for the actors in appliances, that it ends up being well into six figures. At that point, you probably need Microsoft involvement (I doubt they're going to look kindly on any attempts to make back your money, either).

Is this to say you can't do it for $5k with a couple cheap DSLRs and a bunch of friends working for free pizza? No, but you'll need to revise your expectations accordingly. You won't be able to have a bunch of Weta-grade guns or animatronic Elite heads or MJOLNIR armour that doesn't have little weird textured bits and rounded corners, etc. I'm not trying to discourage you, but it's important to be well aware of the realities of filmmaking before taking on a project of such magnitude and detail.

Also, you have a vague A plot, but you haven't really cut to the heart of what the movie's ABOUT, ie. the whole point of watching it, which I guess is why there isn't yet a B plot. I think fan films get their reputation because people are so obsessed with including as much awesome stuff from their chosen universe as possible that they forget to actually just make a movie. The good ones that go viral are short, very simple, and put as much of their production budget on screen as possible. So far everything you've described can simply be cut down to "this movie is about the SPARTAN program and set around the very beginning of the War." You ask for an opinion on the story so far, but so far there's no actual story there to have an opinion on. You need a main character that the audience can empathise with (probably not a SPARTAN) and two simultaneous journeys that parallel and inform each other as the character grows and fulfills their thematic objective. The Hero's Journey is certainly overplayed in general, but in this type of thing it's ideal and keeps things simple (ie. cheap), writing-wise. There's a reason FUD and H:N were about a small part of a human character's growth, whether you liked them individually or not.

Also, asking for public suggestions on something as personal as making a movie is probably going to drown you in soul-sucking, death-by-committee, schedule-busting ideas. Just sayin'.

TLDR: You'd better have a real budget, and currently have no actual story. If you're serious about this and have the investment to back it up, you should probably contact Microsoft with a script and a budget in hand. If you're overstating your production capabilities and are more YouTube-level (ain't nothing wrong with that), then you'll have to revise your expectations accordingly. And don't ask people what they want, we're all idiots. You need a singular creative vision to accomplish something of this scale. If you actually are someone with a couple hundred thousand dollars to throw around and already know everything I just said; awesome, how can I help?

Well, that was a wall of text I wasn't expecting to write, but there you have it.

When you say "high grade budgets" and "professional gear", are you talking four figures and DSLRs/GoPros or 5-6 figures and REDs, F55s, etc? The amount of money you're throwing around will directly influence the grade of writer, crew, talent, props and locations you have to play with. That needs a comprehensive breakdown, as well as figuring in post because a movie like this is going to need hefty VFX. Some of it can be thrown together by an editor in AE (guns, maybe shields, screens, etc), but some will need 3ds Max, RealFlow, FumeFX, etc (building destruction, plasma physics, atmospherics...). That means having a real VFX budget, but not at the expense of story and acting talent (and a genius gaffer wouldn't hurt). If you're getting your budget through crowdfunding, you'd better have well over 500k followers and at least two or three previous high-quality works to show. The math on crowdfunding is brutal.

I'm currently almost finished on a more-or-less movie-grade BR85 master, I'm going to start playing with silicone today and tomorrow before mouldmaking begins, but that doesn't really help your pre-War timeline. Pre-built kits would certainly be the cheapest method of getting weapon props, since commissioning your own lines of BR55s, MA5s, SRS-99s, etc would probably put a five figure dent in your budget super quick. That said, you might be able to work out a deal for a bulk project with certain limitations on quality expectations. Armour and non-weapon props are going to be the tricky ones, probably best if you can try to get the armour made modular and vacuformed, with cast helmets, or something along those lines.

I get the general feeling that you may not have fully considered the budgetary requirements of a movie like this. There's a reason we still don't have a Halo feature, after all. Just go ask LilTyrant what she'd charge for a single one of her (basically movie grade) undersuits made for your Kelly actress, never mind Grace or Alice. The number one most important aspect of a movie is story, particularly if you're aiming at the ranks of official content. That means the very first thing you should do before anything is hire a line producer and a good journeyman screenwriter, give them an approximate budget (which I would peg, all things considered based on what you've written, at about $50-70k) and have them come up with 90 pages based on that budget. Don't be surprised, though, if once the line producer's broken down the costs of EVERYTHING including portapotties on set and drinking straws for the actors in appliances, that it ends up being well into six figures. At that point, you probably need Microsoft involvement (I doubt they're going to look kindly on any attempts to make back your money, either).

Is this to say you can't do it for $5k with a couple cheap DSLRs and a bunch of friends working for free pizza? No, but you'll need to revise your expectations accordingly. You won't be able to have a bunch of Weta-grade guns or animatronic Elite heads or MJOLNIR armour that doesn't have little weird textured bits and rounded corners, etc. I'm not trying to discourage you, but it's important to be well aware of the realities of filmmaking before taking on a project of such magnitude and detail.

Also, you have a vague A plot, but you haven't really cut to the heart of what the movie's ABOUT, ie. the whole point of watching it, which I guess is why there isn't yet a B plot. I think fan films get their reputation because people are so obsessed with including as much awesome stuff from their chosen universe as possible that they forget to actually just make a movie. The good ones that go viral are short, very simple, and put as much of their production budget on screen as possible. So far everything you've described can simply be cut down to "this movie is about the SPARTAN program and set around the very beginning of the War." You ask for an opinion on the story so far, but so far there's no actual story there to have an opinion on. You need a main character that the audience can empathise with (probably not a SPARTAN) and two simultaneous journeys that parallel and inform each other as the character grows and fulfills their thematic objective. The Hero's Journey is certainly overplayed in general, but in this type of thing it's ideal and keeps things simple (ie. cheap), writing-wise. There's a reason FUD and H:N were about a small part of a human character's growth, whether you liked them individually or not.

Also, asking for public suggestions on something as personal as making a movie is probably going to drown you in soul-sucking, death-by-committee, schedule-busting ideas. Just sayin'.

TLDR: You'd better have a real budget, and currently have no actual story. If you're serious about this and have the investment to back it up, you should probably contact Microsoft with a script and a budget in hand. If you're overstating your production capabilities and are more YouTube-level (ain't nothing wrong with that), then you'll have to revise your expectations accordingly. And don't ask people what they want, we're all idiots. You need a singular creative vision to accomplish something of this scale. If you actually are someone with a couple hundred thousand dollars to throw around and already know everything I just said; awesome, how can I help?

Well, that was a wall of text I wasn't expecting to write, but there you have it.

Woah, quite the words of wisdom. I`ll try my best to respond. When I say "Big Budget" I mean Red Cameras, 3DS Max, etc. I'm working out in the VFX world continuously learning and training every day but there are people I know of for hire. I have a CGI Studio that I have worked with on some projects. Sorry for the vague story, I'm still working on it. I do understand how the systems and pricing works for all from post and pre production. I know this will be heavy work but I have done similar work. Also may I ask why you suggest contacting Microsoft if I have a script and budget in hand?

omg we might have the best damn video ever if very thing is ture the thing could be a short mini show with 45 minute bits... this will be epic.

remember halo wars... that wasn't cheap on that company because it wasn't bunige doing it... a few other films went down this road crashed and burned the ones that made it well they ain't making money off it, so their under the radar. now if your for real about this and don't want 343i to help then good luck because as a film maker my self, I have had a hard time with getting the ball rolling.

omg we might have the best damn video ever if very thing is ture the thing could be a short mini show with 45 minute bits... this will be epic.

remember halo wars... that wasn't cheap on that company because it wasn't bunige doing it... a few other films went down this road crashed and burned the ones that made it well they ain't making money off it, so their under the radar. now if your for real about this and don't want 343i to help then good luck because as a film maker my self, I have had a hard time with getting the ball rolling.

It's a little difficult to get 343 involved when they have no website or contact information.

yeah I don't know if the guys at redvsblue could foreword it or not.

Many people have been saying you go through Microsoft to get to 343. One problem is with getting well known companies involved is that your so minor that they don't want to bother with it. Like if I talk to them about this, there's a really big chance of me getting denied. But if Universal or Warner Brothers did it, 343 would jump on it immediately.

Woah, quite the words of wisdom. I`ll try my best to respond. When I say "Big Budget" I mean Red Cameras, 3DS Max, etc. I'm working out in the VFX world continuously learning and training every day but there are people I know of for hire. I have a CGI Studio that I have worked with on some projects. Sorry for the vague story, I'm still working on it. I do understand how the systems and pricing works for all from post and pre production. I know this will be heavy work but I have done similar work. Also may I ask why you suggest contacting Microsoft if I have a script and budget in hand?

Ok, so you're thinking more along the lines of a freddiew/RocketJump type production. Coming at it from that end definitely helps, since getting it in the can is only half the work. I'd also say to not use REDs on something like this, because it's a waste of budget hiring a DIT to keep them (and you always need more than you'll use) running on shoot days. If you have to shoot over 2K for post, there are other, more workflow-friendly alternatives.

Contacting MS: Depends what you want to do with the film, really. Personally I'd be loathe to spend tens of thousands of dollars on something that there's zero chance of me making that money back on. Microsoft owns that property, and you can't do anything with it without their say-so. If ultimately all you can do with the film is put it on YouTube (not even necessarily with ads) then that's a whole lot of money to be blown on what's basically a hobby project. If you can go to Microsoft and say "this is the script, this is the budget, I have these investors on board if you are, etc. etc." then you may be able to make your money back on it. Though in that case, it would most likely be a work-for-hire contract where you get paid to work on it and it ends up belonging to MS. But on the other hand, it's a reel piece and a credit and a part of the canon, so swings and roundabouts.

I'd just be wary of IP lawyers breathing down my neck. I mean, Dan Trachtenberg, Kevin Tancharoen, etc all got their fan shorts made and boosted their careers, but those were just shorts, intended as extended sizzle reels. They were fan films, for sure, but as much advertising for services as anything- they were shot quickly and "cheaply" (must be nice to have a disposable four figures!) since they weren't directly profit-generating projects. You have to be careful how you tread when you're using other people's IP, is all I'm saying. You have to decide how much money you're willing to blow on what might end up being nothing, and what you want back in return.

Scripts can get things done, if they're good enough. Of course they can also sit in a filing cabinet for ten years, so take this how you will.

Many people have been saying you go through Microsoft to get to 343. One problem is with getting well known companies involved is that your so minor that they don't want to bother with it. Like if I talk to them about this, there's a really big chance of me getting denied. But if Universal or Warner Brothers did it, 343 would jump on it immediately.

Yeah, 343 are just an MGS division as far as I'm aware. The property itself is Microsoft's. I imagine if you look at the FUD and H:N credits, they'll have a couple of EPs in common... Those are who I'd contact. As for getting a foot in the door... Well, it helps if you have contacts in common (or can create contacts in common), and everyone's always looking for really good scripts, or even occasionally treatments if you have the writing cred to back it up. Having done half of their job for them by having it written and itemised would presumably work in your favour too.

Ok, overall I think this is a great idea. Here are my thoughts (each response is with the number that goes with it)

1. The story seems great. You should try to focus on the lives of those Spartans that were basically under the radar and weren't mentioned very much. Also keep in mind that it should open on the kids and maybe make a quick progression up to your story, ending with a large scale battle of some kind. Maybe focus on someone like Li-008. Li was an expert in zero gravity and in CQB. He worked with Red Team and died in a mission with Blue Team. Li-008 would be an interesting character to expand on.

2. A lot of Spartans do have their own armor sets defined somewhere. But it would be nice to see you take artistic vision into this and give the armor damage or custom paint jobs to add character.

3. I would love to see some grunts (and lots of them) and maybe some halo reach style Elites. I feel like reach had a more realistic approach when it came to the art style.

4. I would recommend checking the Marketplace section of this forum very often, lots of stuff goes up for sale or trade here. I'm sure if you asked around and said you needed props and armor for your movie that you might get some people willing to show up on the set for the movie or people willing to sell you armor at reasonable prices for your actors.

5. Ok, so maybe you could start it off with the kids, and follow a select few of them that were not mentioned very much in the Halo universe and try build on that. Additionally, what part of the world are you filming this in? Natural scenery of the area you are filming in could also be a deciding factor in what you choose to take place. Like if you live in a mountainous area with forests, it might be a good idea to do something like Reach because it is whats available. The last thing you want to do is say it's happening on a desert and be living in Canada.
Maybe it would be a good idea to give the epic feel of Halo, but also try to show the humanity of Spartans and how it is not all lost (the whole man or machine part of Halo 4).
Some things to consider:
-During Forward Unto Dawn, with the events of Circninus-IV (in 2526) Master Chief was only 15. So if you keep it in early Human-Covenant War, then all your Spartans will be about 15-19.
-People want not only Lore, but lore that they probably don't know. The SPARTAN-II program may be an interesting story, but people like character development. So it could be critical to focus on Halsey's interactions with the Spartans and such to show that she is proud of them.
-One thing I noticed in a lot of fan-films is that the CGI doesn't have to be in every shot, but just enough that people can enjoy a fancy Sci-fi movie with lots of lights and such.
-Remember to make it appeal to both Halo fans and non-Halo fans. You will get have a greater audience if you keep in mind that not everyone is a huge Halo fan.

You should probably put up a wanted add in the Marketplace once you get this production rolling. You could probably get quite a few people interested in being part of this production.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there. I wanted to provide some feedback from my own experiences working on The Fallen (https://www.youtube.com/user/HaloTheFallenFanFilm)

1st off: Don't go to Microsoft. Let them come to you. If you ask them, their policy is to say no, just for legal reasons. Don't worry about selling it to them. Just focus on making a great film. And as of 2013 there had never been a fan film canned by MS's legal team.

Caveat to that: Don't title your film "Halo: subtitle". Call it "Title: A Halo fan film" to avoid confusion, or ditch the Halo title entirely like Op: Chastity did. Titling your film Halo: Something won't get you shut down, but you will likely be asked to change it if your project picks up steam. Then at that you can either change it and continue production, or cease production and disappear with people's money like one famous Halo fan film production did.

343i has their own video production head in charge of Halo videos. The head is Jesse Stipeck. If you have a good film ready to be distributed on the Halo channel, you go to him, not MS.

Folks at Red Vs Blue, Rooster Teeth, can't forward it for you, but they shop for original content to pick up on their own. (see: the Slow Mo guys, Monty Oum)

Script, script, script. Write a good script first. Don't worry about armor. Don't worry about actors. Don't worry about what camera you're using. You can adjust those all later. Get a good script first. If you have a good script, you may not be able to shop it to Microsoft, but you CAN shop it to directors, actors, armor makers, etc. and the rest will fall into place.

A good script + a good short (1-5min) that shows you an tell a story will get you far.

For story, you should be able to sell it in a quick blurb/elevator pitch (a "logline" in screenwriting terminology) that describes the crux of the story briefly. e.g.

A troubled child summons the courage to help a friendly alien escape Earth and return to his home-world.

Following the Normandy Landings, a group of U.S. soldiers go behind enemy lines to retrieve a paratrooper whose brothers have been killed in action.

As RobTC pointed out, you don't quite have a story. Simplify it down to the basics. Who's trying to get what, and who's trying to stop them?

e.g. A stranded super soldier must gain the trust of former enemies and fight through an alien army to deliver a message that will save her unit. Super basic, but you get a feeling for the story.

Use local talent. Local propmakers, local actors, local filmmakers. Don't blow your budget flying people out. They're almost never worth it.

We filmed all our footage for <~$15,000 using cheap DSLRs with people working for free for the most part. If you have a good, creative DP, you can do a lot of amazing things with a low budget.

That said, always feed your cast and crew. Always. I don't care how big or small your production is, any good film project I've worked on has made sure they feed their cast/crew at the end of the day.

Good luck with post production. It's a long grueling process, and it's what's kept us from release for over 2+ years.

Super rambly, just shooting off notes as they come to my head. Feel free to ask for clarification.

Ok, overall I think this is a great idea. Here are my thoughts (each response is with the number that goes with it)

1. The story seems great. You should try to focus on the lives of those Spartans that were basically under the radar and weren't mentioned very much. Also keep in mind that it should open on the kids and maybe make a quick progression up to your story, ending with a large scale battle of some kind. Maybe focus on someone like Li-008. Li was an expert in zero gravity and in CQB. He worked with Red Team and died in a mission with Blue Team. Li-008 would be an interesting character to expand on.

2. A lot of Spartans do have their own armor sets defined somewhere. But it would be nice to see you take artistic vision into this and give the armor damage or custom paint jobs to add character.

3. I would love to see some grunts (and lots of them) and maybe some halo reach style Elites. I feel like reach had a more realistic approach when it came to the art style.

4. I would recommend checking the Marketplace section of this forum very often, lots of stuff goes up for sale or trade here. I'm sure if you asked around and said you needed props and armor for your movie that you might get some people willing to show up on the set for the movie or people willing to sell you armor at reasonable prices for your actors.

5. Ok, so maybe you could start it off with the kids, and follow a select few of them that were not mentioned very much in the Halo universe and try build on that. Additionally, what part of the world are you filming this in? Natural scenery of the area you are filming in could also be a deciding factor in what you choose to take place. Like if you live in a mountainous area with forests, it might be a good idea to do something like Reach because it is whats available. The last thing you want to do is say it's happening on a desert and be living in Canada.
Maybe it would be a good idea to give the epic feel of Halo, but also try to show the humanity of Spartans and how it is not all lost (the whole man or machine part of Halo 4).
Some things to consider:
-During Forward Unto Dawn, with the events of Circninus-IV (in 2526) Master Chief was only 15. So if you keep it in early Human-Covenant War, then all your Spartans will be about 15-19.
-People want not only Lore, but lore that they probably don't know. The SPARTAN-II program may be an interesting story, but people like character development. So it could be critical to focus on Halsey's interactions with the Spartans and such to show that she is proud of them.
-One thing I noticed in a lot of fan-films is that the CGI doesn't have to be in every shot, but just enough that people can enjoy a fancy Sci-fi movie with lots of lights and such.
-Remember to make it appeal to both Halo fans and non-Halo fans. You will get have a greater audience if you keep in mind that not everyone is a huge Halo fan.

You should probably put up a wanted add in the Marketplace once you get this production rolling. You could probably get quite a few people interested in being part of this production.

One thing I really wanted to do was expand on their personalities for sure. Not all of them have mental problems like john. I know one of them are really good with strategy which means their good at math. So I was thinking that Dr.Halsey is called in by another member who works on the program, and they find this Spartan kid just zipping away with all these complicated math problems and Halsey is just simple amazed. I wanted to show Halsey connecting with these Spartans individually. What i really like is that the Wiki is really vague on most of these Spartans so it leaves us to make a story for them. I understand how everyone is focused on the script lol. I agree. I have a lot of ideas, but I couldn't quite share them yet because I need them to fit properly together.

I know this is the wrong thread to post this but no one replied when I posted it in the help thread (idk the name). I need some help scaling a pep clone helmet. I watched a youtube video and they said to use a fabric tape measure and wrap it around your head. I did this and the measurements didn't scale right on the pep file. I need help scaling this so I can quit wasting paper. Any tricks? I'd really like the clone helmet to be wearable. I am also using 8.5 x 11 cardstock and some of the pieces are too large to fit on the page how can I fix this issue?

Cheers!

I know this is the wrong thread to post this but no one replied when I posted it in the help thread (idk the name). I need some help scaling a pep clone helmet. I watched a youtube video and they said to use a fabric tape measure and wrap it around your head. I did this and the measurements didn't scale right on the pep file. I need help scaling this so I can quit wasting paper. Any tricks? I'd really like the clone helmet to be wearable. I am also using 8.5 x 11 cardstock and some of the pieces are too large to fit on the page how can I fix this issue?

Cheers!

check the stickys my man. now back to the project... what locations do you have access too/ permits too?

check the stickys my man. now back to the project... what locations do you have access too/ permits too?

Permits you can get for any location. There's already a lot of Halo looking locations around. But for other locations we can travel.

okay so you got in house vfx's, a support staff, actors, and locations ready so what stopping you?

okay so you got in house vfx's, a support staff, actors, and locations ready so what stopping you?

Its only a matter of waiting. Currently my small Production and I are working on a Saga. Since this will be a massive budget for the Halo movie, and Crowd Funding is a bit tricking, we need work to show. But here's the plan I laid out. This upcoming summer is when we're making 2 out of 4 movies of the Saga. They will be fully complete by early fall. Then by early to mid winter, we can launch the crowd funding project for the Halo movie and then finish the Saga next summer. Once that's done we can immediately move into Halo.

I want to give the people working on sets, props and costumes enough time because its very lengthy work. Legacy Effects, the people who worked on the Deliver Hop trailer spent 4 months on that project. They said "you get 4 months if your lucky", meaning its a tight time frame. All they made were 3 spartan costumes and one elite costume. Along with a magnum, knife, DMR, Sword and Plasma Rifle. Now imagine making 30 Spartans costumes, 40 Marines, 20 ODST's, 30 Insurrectionists, 20 Covenant race costumes (Elite, Brute, Grunt, etc). animatronics, etc. Then take all those characters and give them all 3 props each. And thats just costumes and props. Then there's set design and CGI modeling and animation. Bottom line story, its going to take a long time.

you know I show is a lot more fun then a movie I mean sure it might cost a little more but then you can have time to build the extra stuff for later on. I mean stargate had 11 season for a show and if you play your cards right you can hit at least five seasons before you stop if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back