Halo: Apocalypse Progress

Rid3r

By now, I hope some of you have heard of my game, Halo: Apocalypse. If you haven't, search around for my topic about it.

I have made some progress. This is my status on the sprites of the different helmets.

Halo 1 Helm - 100%
Halo 2 Helm - 100%
Halo 3 Helm - 100%
EVA Helm - 100%
ODST Helm - 100%
CQB Helm - 0%
Hayabusa Helm - 0%
TDA Helm* - 0%
SCOPE Helm* - 0%

*Helmets I have made up.

NOTE: The 90% means that I have finished the sprite but I need to sync it with the running animation.
Please tell me if I typed a helm wrong or if it does not exist.

I don't have any of the shoulders done. The planned weapons are:

MA5C Assault Rifle
Battle Rifle
Rocket Launcher
Energy Sword
Plasma Pistol
Plasma Rifle
Plasma Grenade
Frag Grenade
Shotgun
Needler
Spiker
Brute Shot
Spartan Laser
Buzzsaw*
Gravity Hammer
GravPad*
ParaStrike*

*Weapons I have made up.

And now the vehicles:

Warthog
Mongoose
Pelican
Banshee
Ghost
GravBoard*

*Vehicles I have made up.

Beta Testers:
LastSpartan
papamurf812
Spartan-K22 / Durlaburban
helios
dallis
Spartan 169
SPARTAN II

There are two attachment images. The first is the new, revamped menu. The second is the helmets I have done.
The menu is fully animated, too, not just a background. The spartans run across the screen and the Pelicans fly over them. Pretty soon I'll have it so marines jump out of the Pelican. There is also a moon that rises and sets. Enjoy the eye candy (it's better than the real kind).

who can be a game tester!?!?!

lol, I would, because theres nothing else to do.

but the game looks great man! great work!

PM me about game testing ok?

helios

Oh, can I be a tester also? I like games. And what is the SCOPE Helm? I personally haven't heard of it.

DKK

Jr Member
the jaws on your helms drop down too much they dont look right. they should be the same as the first one. and personally i dont think you need a halo 1/2/3 helm considering with that many pixels theres really not alot you can change without making it look bad which is what youve done also the halo 2/3 helm are the same thing.

Rid3r

.DOom. said:
looks fun. is the buzz saw gunna be like the gun in gears of war?
How did you know? Yeah.

helios said:
Oh, can I be a tester also? I like games. And what is the SCOPE Helm? I personally haven't heard of it.
The SCOPE Helm is one I made up (all of the ones marked with stars are). Sure you can be a tester. I'll PM the link to you.

DKK, look closely at the Halo 2 and Halo 3. They are different. And I know the jaw goes down a lot, but I like it like that. Also, it looks much better on the actual body of the spartan.

Last edited by a moderator:

SPARTAN II

Sr Member
This sounds like a pretty darn kewl game idea, and in 2-D no less! Certainly gives it a different perspective, combining a bit of the old school with the new school, heh heh. I like that.

Any chance I could be one of the testers for your game? I'd love to give it a try, and give you any constructive feedback I can during it's production phase... :whistle:

on the level you currently have. the one with the annoying red spartan i found a way to safly go up and down te cliffy fally part. i can hold on to the wall and just sit there inches above death and then crawl right back up.