Halo CE/Anniversary Hybrid Model (based on MoeSizzlac's Halo Anniversary Armor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayward Flood

Member DIN
S074
I got Armorsmith Designer and started my work on my first suit. I wanted to do an updated Mark V suit to 3D print. I like features on the anniversary armor but wanted my suit to have some features more faithful to the original. To do this I started with MoeSizzlac's Great build. Got on MCC and took reference images between the two versions then got started on the chest this week. It took me an embarrassing amount of time to figure out how to make curves in Blender. Turns out bridge in looptools with 2 parallel edges is the secret. I'll make these available when I'm done for anybody interested.

1603080381922.png
1603080600362.png
Front A.png
Front C.png

Shoulders are done. I liked both versions but decided to go with the OG shoulder because it seemed like I could raise my arms without touching the chest piece. The redesign also uses less filament.
1603504343635.png
1603504435253.png
1603504485851.png

Printed a helmet with very little infill and thin layers so I could better tell how I wanted to reshape it. People are very particular on the MkV visor or atleast I am. Tried to make a see through visor with the clear filament I got. Printed in .4mm layers with a .4 nozzle and no infill. I can't see anything even though there are only 2 walls of PLA. Maybe I'll try a thicker nozzle or only one side of the visor later.

20201030_174026(1).jpg
Chest Side A.png
Chest Side C.png

I'm now done reworking the helmet. I doubled the visor length on the Z axis about where the ear is. I compensated by lowering the back side of the helmet to. I reworked the light area with the intent of making it easier for people to edit the model in the future for their own light system. I did this by painfully selecting all the faces and removing intersecting ones. Now you just have to modify and remove the cylinders to your pleasure.
1604973515705.png
1604973550545.png
1604974045789.png

Had trouble extending the curves of the helmet at the edited parts but umm.. sandpaper hides all the sins! I also added the light slots to the legs and the 2 on the backpack. I just want to make the visor and do some touch up on the chest before I make the file available for everyone here. Going to try to make a single pained .8mm thick visor to print with a .8mm nozzle. Maybe it will be somewhat functional with my clear PLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back