Halo: CE Life Sized Spartan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casual Veemo

Hello! I'm Totempole, a new recruit here at the 405th! I've always loved Halo: CE, it is my favorite game. I came across talented fans like you, which has inspired me to build my own set of Armor. This armor, however is special. It won't be made to fit my body, but will be made as a life-sized scaled 1:1 CE Spartan, made out of EVA Foam. Right now I'm in the early stages of sizing the files, which is being done by someone with more pepakura experience than me. :D

I plan to start the build process in mid to late November, so I'll keep you updated! I already know the basics of making a set of Armor, but I haven't actually TRIED it yet. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Update: I am in the middle of designing a PVC Mannequin for the armor. I will surround the mannequin in poofy foam, and maybe shape it into muscles. There's no such thing as a weak Spartan! I'm also trying to decide what I want to use for a body suit. Because it's from CE and not 4, the details will be hella lot easier to replicate because of the way the game was made.

I have found a pose that I like. I understand it's a toy, but it is a badass toy:
1602971587555.png

This is what I'm going for. I plan to use jointed PVC pipes, so I can bend the frame as I please. Once my resized foam files are complete, I can start getting the true measurements for my mannequin, and start the build process.

As for the undersuit, I've taken a good look at it, and realized how much I actually need. Since this won't be for wearing, I will simply take some clean rubber mats and engrave the detail into them. Boom! I hope I can work with foam well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back