Halo CE Mark V Project

Casual Veemo

Hora! (That's how I say hello)

I am new here at the 405th, and this is my first EVA or even cosplay project. I will be making a Halo CE Master Chief using EVA Foam and the files that are supplied in the Armory, but here is the twist: I don't want to wear it. I want it to be life-sized 1:1 scale. There are some things that I'm wondering, like how I'll mount the armor, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I will start with the helmet, and I will work from there. Any questions, I would be happy to answer, and any advice is much appreciated. My project will be starting very soon, and I can't wait to share my progress with you guys! By the way, here is some basic information about me:

Name: Veemo (I'm working on the change; I created this account awhile back but never used it)

Favorite Halo Game: Either Reach or Halo 2

Favorite Game in General: Halo: MCC

Favorite Food: I love American based Mexican Food

Favorite Show: The Office

Favorite Color: Does Black Count?!

Anyways, I'll keep you posted on my project, and I'll do my bestest! (Again, any help is appreciated)

Until next time!

Hora! (That's how I say hello)

I am new here at the 405th, and this is my first EVA or even cosplay project. I will be making a Halo CE Master Chief using EVA Foam and the files that are supplied in the Armory, but here is the twist: I don't want to wear it. I want it to be life-sized 1:1 scale. There are some things that I'm wondering, like how I'll mount the armor, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I will start with the helmet, and I will work from there. Any questions, I would be happy to answer, and any advice is much appreciated. My project will be starting very soon, and I can't wait to share my progress with you guys! By the way, here is some basic information about me:

Name: Veemo (I'm working on the change; I created this account awhile back but never used it)

Favorite Halo Game: Either Reach or Halo 2

Favorite Game in General: Halo: MCC

Favorite Food: I love American based Mexican Food

Favorite Show: The Office

Favorite Color: Does Black Count?!

Anyways, I'll keep you posted on my project, and I'll do my bestest! (Again, any help is appreciated)

Until next time!
Welcome to the 405th! It's great to see people starting with EVA. Are you following any sort of tutorial? Either way, have fun and I can't wait to see the progress on your build!

Oldschool, I love it. Luckily as you're not planning to wear it, you can make it any way you want without having to worry about ergonomics, and a mannequin shouldn't be too difficult (you could make one from PVC for example)

Oldschool, I love it. Luckily as you're not planning to wear it, you can make it any way you want without having to worry about ergonomics, and a mannequin shouldn't be too difficult (you could make one from PVC for example)
I'm hoping the basic geometry of Classic CE will make this build easier as I have no experience whatsoever. Oh well, my project will start close to the holidays.

So it turns out when you don't have any experience, you don't have a good foundation (figures lol) so unfortunately...the project cannot go on as I don't have the skill as of now to complete this project.

Or so I thought.

I may not have the skill, but I know who does! My CR-10 of course! I will work on my foam skills while my CR-10 works on my helmet :D

I'll more than likely use Moe's Anniversary CE Files on Thingiverse, and I will simply split them up. I have much more experience in 3D Printing than I do in foam, just thought I'd try something new! Updates soon, until next time!

So it turns out when you don't have any experience, you don't have a good foundation (figures lol) so unfortunately...the project cannot go on as I don't have the skill as of now to complete this project.

Or so I thought.

I may not have the skill, but I know who does! My CR-10 of course! I will work on my foam skills while my CR-10 works on my helmet :D

I'll more than likely use Moe's Anniversary CE Files on Thingiverse, and I will simply split them up. I have much more experience in 3D Printing than I do in foam, just thought I'd try something new! Updates soon, until next time!
Best of luck with 3d printing a helmet, it's a good way to work on print finishing skills if you're using it as a display piece. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Alright! I've been practicing some basic foam skills like cutting nicely and angled cuts. Now back to the project. I have some issues with my 3D printer, but I know how to fix it, as soon as the parts come in. I do have a question for you guys, however. The files for the Mark V CE Foam are a bit confusing to me. Observe.

E.png

So yeah, I don't really see how I can go about doing this with 10-12mm foam... I'm sure it's just my lack of experience but how do you guys think I should approach this? The same can be said with all the large pieces. It looks perfect for paper, but for foam? There are so many folds that I'm completely lost... Any help is appreciated, thanks! I will continue my research and get more supplies soon. Until next time!

Last edited:
Hora! So after some research I think I've decided to take the pepakura route, as I tried a test piece, and it seems I'm better at working with paper than with foam. I made most of the chest and back but stopped at the end because I realized how massive I made it... Before I said I wanted it to be life sized but now that I'm using pepakura and paper, I don't see why I shouldn't wear it! Pics coming when I can size it correctly...

Oh, and another thing, does anyone know why some of the pepakura CE Mark V armor files won't open in Pepakura? Is it for everyone or just me? Some files like the helmet work fine but others like the thigh don't...

Anyways, until next time!

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back