Halo: CEA Chief Armor Build - 3D Printed (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I wanted to post this WIP for my Halo: CEA Chief build. I will be 3D printing the entire armor set. If anyone can point me in the right direction on how to get his ammo pouch belt I would greatly appreciate it! Will post pictures of progress. Currently printing a bicep and forearm.

You can find ammo pouch on amazon and belt but you will have to custom teak them to fit but that is mostly likely the easy way unless you 3d print one with flexible filament

I do have some progress to show.. I have the right forearm printed out. Turned out good, but I may have under estimated the scale of it.. It is definitely a tad bit big... I am a fairly skinny guy so I may have to reprint this one. Just nervous about the armor looking off. I could line the inside with foam to center it, but I am wanting to be as accurate as possible (meaning I want to be wearing the armor, not the armor wearing me.. :lol:)

RForearm1.jpg
RForearm2.jpg
RForearm3.jpg

I do have some progress to show.. I have the right forearm printed out. Turned out good, but I may have under estimated the scale of it.. It is definitely a tad bit big... I am a fairly skinny guy so I may have to reprint this one. Just nervous about the armor looking off. I could line the inside with foam to center it, but I am wanting to be as accurate as possible (meaning I want to be wearing the armor, not the armor wearing me.. :lol:)

View attachment 299144View attachment 299145View attachment 299146
hey there good job so far. as far as it being to big try the padding first before you reprint to see if the size is right because you dont want to be real tight it will be uncomfortable to wear the padding will give you room to be a little more flexable but you also dont want to look like a stick figure in the armor.

Might want to try Armorsmith Designer to get the proportions exact if you aren't already. I'm going to start printing out my suit in the next couple of weeks and plan on sinking pieces into the bed in Cura so I only get the first ring portion of a part. I can then test the fit of the ring on my person to make sure I get the diameter right.

Speaking of C H O N K E Y...
1605105317404.png
Here's a pic of the files in Armorsmith Designer put on my mannequin. Finding that the mannequin doesnt have a way to change muscle mass to fat ratio so my ring idea will help here.

Might want to try Armorsmith Designer to get the proportions exact if you aren't already. I'm going to start printing out my suit in the next couple of weeks and plan on sinking pieces into the bed in Cura so I only get the first ring portion of a part. I can then test the fit of the ring on my person to make sure I get the diameter right.

Speaking of C H O N K E Y...
View attachment 299166Here's a pic of the files in Armorsmith Designer put on my mannequin. Finding that the mannequin doesnt have a way to change muscle mass to fat ratio so my ring idea will help here.
I do happen to use ArmorSmith, but it does seem like its a little misrepresenting of my actual body even with my exact measurements.. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get your avatar's arms to rest down like that? Mine is at somewhat of a T-pose and it is all black and white, unlike your colorful one lol.. Is that moe's armor?

I do happen to use ArmorSmith, but it does seem like its a little misrepresenting of my actual body even with my exact measurements.. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get your avatar's arms to rest down like that? Mine is at somewhat of a T-pose and it is all black and white, unlike your colorful one lol.. Is that moe's armor?
Don't mind answering any questions if it helps you out. Go to avatar in the top left and select edit pose. Then just move the shoulder parts downward. You can then save the pose and load it again later. You will have to move the arm pieces again since they don't go exactly where they should with the arm movement. You can also change the colors in the property grid in the bottom right. Forget if that panel is there by default.

Yeah that's Moe's armor. I'm just making some edits to make it a cross between the original game and anniversary.

Don't mind answering any questions if it helps you out. Go to avatar in the top left and select edit pose. Then just move the shoulder parts downward. You can then save the pose and load it again later. You will have to move the arm pieces again since they don't go exactly where they should with the arm movement. You can also change the colors in the property grid in the bottom right. Forget if that panel is there by default.

Yeah that's Moe's armor. I'm just making some edits to make it a cross between the original game and anniversary.
Thanks for the help. I like the cross between both versions. It actually looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back