Halo: Contact Harvest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half way through contact Harvest, its rocking! The issue of the BR is fully explained as well. If you want to know more read the book. :lol:

blinkava44 said:
thats exactally what i was thinking. cuz it read in one of the books that the spartans had JUST gotten their BR's and it was a new weapon straight from the tech guys, i dont remeber what book. it mighta been GoO or First strike..
anybody remeber this?
yup, it was first struke when there in the underground facility (i think its called CASTLE)

ODST General said:
I thought he only had two sticks and a rock for his whole platoon?
hahaha, damn you, i laughed out loud and then i had to try explane it to everyone! it didnt work. hahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
blinkava44 said:
haha dark..

btw...you do no your sig is messed up right??

Yea, I have to wait till Nov. 6 till photobucket clears up my "bandwith" usage....

They basically are trying to make me buy their pro services, and I refuse to.. :p

flying_squirl said:
yup, it was first struke when there in the underground facility (i think its called CASTLE)
hahaha, damn you, i laughed out loud and then i had to try explane it to everyone! it didnt work. hahahahaha

Yep, CASTLE it was.

I've got it on order from Amazon, can't wait! :p

Gokussj5okazu said:
Yep, CASTLE it was.
I've got it on order from Amazon, can't wait! :p

Hey what book stores are garanteed to have Contact Harvest??
I'm guessing Barnes and Nobles? What does anyone think please share (y)

Johnson must be doin' some timewarpin' or he is the Dick Clark of the UNSC. There's the BR but also he doesn't look any younger for a 20-30 yr difference... 2524 Harvest to 2552 Halo (book gives 2542 date for Battle of Reach).

Could it be...
"The HMG-38 Rifle is an older-model weapon. It was originally used by the Marines of the UNSC. As of 2525, these weapons were obsolete. However, they have entered the firearms smuggling black market. These weapons were used by the Eridanus Rebels." - Halopedia reference from HALO: The Fall of Reach

Maybe the BR is a re-serviced weapon like the M-14 that the military is currently un-mothballing b/c they need that 7.62 punch that a M-16/M-4 rifle (5.56) can't provide.

SIDE NOTE:
Anyone else ever notice that its 500 yrs in the future and they are still using cased ammo, guess caseless ammo (HK G-11) will never get perfected.

TheUnamed said:
Hey what book stores are garanteed to have Contact Harvest??
I'm guessing Barnes and Nobles? What does anyone think please share (y)

i got mine at walmart..

but id imagine they got it at barnes and nobles as well

dwoo said:
Johnson must be doin' some timewarpin' or he is the Dick Clark of the UNSC. There's the BR but also he doesn't look any younger for a 20-30 yr difference... 2524 Harvest to 2552 Halo (book gives 2542 date for Battle of Reach).

Could it be...
"The HMG-38 Rifle is an older-model weapon. It was originally used by the Marines of the UNSC. As of 2525, these weapons were obsolete. However, they have entered the firearms smuggling black market. These weapons were used by the Eridanus Rebels." - Halopedia reference from HALO: The Fall of Reach

Maybe the BR is a re-serviced weapon like the M-14 that the military is currently un-mothballing b/c they need that 7.62 punch that a M-16/M-4 rifle (5.56) can't provide.

SIDE NOTE:
Anyone else ever notice that its 500 yrs in the future and they are still using cased ammo, guess caseless ammo (HK G-11) will never get perfected.

Read the book, it explains it, or if you don't mind a spoiler pm me. I wont post a spoiler here, I'm not that cruel.

Heads up on the side note. Caseless has advantages and disadvantages and it is in the halo universe. The M7 Sub Machine Gun chamberd for M443 5x23mm Caseless FMJ. In the present day caseless ammo's main advantage is it saves on size and weight. Biggest disadvantage is cost and how fragile it can be. Because of these reasons its not as widely used now. I think it may be more used in the future after more improvement. Don't count it out yet.

dwoo said:
Actually, the M14 (or Springfield M1A, in some cases) is making a comeback because of it's accuracy (since it's basically a M1 Garand chambered in 7.62 mm NATO instead of 30-06 Springfield and is capable of accepting detachable magazines) and easy use as a Designated Marksman Rifle (although it's being circulated out in favor of the lighter, more accurate SAM-R and SPR).

Also, please don't confuse stopping power with penetration power (BOW CHICKA BOW WOW). The 5.56 mm NATO is fairly weak when it comes to penetration, but it has PLENTY of stopping power. Because of the bullet's low caliber and high muzzle velocity, it has a tendency to bend and shatter when entering soft targets (like a human body). All these tiny pieces of metal are almost guaranteed to **** up a vital organ (assuming that it was a torso-shot, which isn't really a problem for a U.S. Marine capable of hitting a man-sized target at 500 yards), which is enough to bring (and keep) down even the most ardent "target" with shitloads of muscle relaxant drugs circulating through his/her system.

Ridiculously bored, so felt like sharing all of that with y'all. :p

Nappy Hared Azn said:
Actually, the M14 (or Springfield M1A, in some cases) is making a comeback because of it's accuracy (since it's basically a M1 Garand chambered in 7.62 mm NATO instead of 30-06 Springfield and is capable of accepting detachable magazines) and easy use as a Designated Marksman Rifle (although it's being circulated out in favor of the lighter, more accurate SAM-R and SPR).

Also, please don't confuse stopping power with penetration power (BOW CHICKA BOW WOW). The 5.56 mm NATO is fairly weak when it comes to penetration, but it has PLENTY of stopping power. Because of the bullet's low caliber and high muzzle velocity, it has a tendency to bend and shatter when entering soft targets (like a human body). All these tiny pieces of metal are almost guaranteed to **** up a vital organ (assuming that it was a torso-shot, which isn't really a problem for a U.S. Marine capable of hitting a man-sized target at 500 yards), which is enough to bring (and keep) down even the most ardent "target" with shitloads of muscle relaxant drugs circulating through his/her system.

Ridiculously bored, so felt like sharing all of that with y'all. :p
hell, pretty much anybody in the armed forces (except navy lawl :] ) can hit a man sized target at 500 yards. haha, always gotta pick on the navy...

my dad has an M1A that was passed down to him through his unit (older guys retiring and such) and it is a really nice weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back