Halo Infinite Fanfilm shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masky

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
Finally we are going to make it public: In cooperation with Shawn Bu and Raw Mind Pictures we had the honor to contribute to a Halo Fan Film. While the filming days were really exhausting and also taxing on our armor, it was a great and interesting experience for us and definitely worth it all. We are really excited to share the finished video with you, so enjoy!

We got approached to help because they could not ship other suits in time because of the shipping delays. The whole thing was planned and done in a really short timeframe, we got contacted in late october. Members even made some props (grappleshot) for the shoot in this short time. Everybody had a blast, the only bad thing is that a ton of stuff broke due to stunts... but the repair / replacement was handled.

more bts stuff will be added later :)

this was such an awesome experience! Hopefully it wasn't the last time!
269602634_10159712863257866_390862462193090593_n.jpg

Just got a chance to watch it - I was blown away. The cinematography, animations, stunts and of course the costumes... all on point! And to be done in such a short amount of time is amazing. You should all be proud of yourselves and each other!

Just got a chance to watch it - I was blown away. The cinematography, animations, stunts and of course the costumes... all on point! And to be done in such a short amount of time is amazing. You should all be proud of yourselves and each other!
even just managing who has time and who can bring what was stressfull in this short time, can't imagine what the production went through haha
I'm proud of my fellow members, we apparently were really fun to work with so thats nice. Everybody involved really gave 110% to make this possible but it shows imo

Some more behind the scenes now that I have more time!
The location was really beautiful, a giant quarry in germany. Sadly on the first weekend of shooting their transport broke down so we had to use our own cars.... which caked them in mud due to the cold and wet weather (my car for reference).

IMG_2667.jpg20211120_080322.jpge748409b-9355-4a3e-a252-3a5ea054f4cb.jpg

We managed to stay warm tho, they provided heaters and blankets on location. and fire.
_MG_8914 (1).JPG_MG_8922.JPG

You just know its gonna be epic when the cam gear looks better than your cosplay. And looks (also is) more expensive than a regular car.
IMG_6070.JPGIMG_6060.JPGIMG_6094.JPG

Stunt work damages cosplays. Like really fast. Thats something we sadly had to learn. So the evenings in the hotel were spent with hotmelt, contact cement and honeymead after dinner.
IMG_6121.JPG

We had a ton of fun there, the crew was awesome and chill. Felt kinda like working with friends after a short time. They even allowed us to use some pyro stuff for cool pictures! Would have been a crime to not use the location for some cool pics. At one point they had to move a couple of giant boulders out of the way so they got forkys big brother to help.
PXL_20211121_161653003.jpgPXL_20211121_162242567 (1).jpg_MG_8964.JPG_MG_9085.JPG

It was stressfull, but so much fun. everyone was so nice. I talked to the director and cameraguy again today in en Interview and they appreciated us and our costumes so much.

Some more behind the scenes now that I have more time!
The location was really beautiful, a giant quarry in germany. Sadly on the first weekend of shooting their transport broke down so we had to use our own cars.... which caked them in mud due to the cold and wet weather (my car for reference).

View attachment 312447View attachment 312448View attachment 312457

We managed to stay warm tho, they provided heaters and blankets on location. and fire.
View attachment 312450View attachment 312454

You just know its gonna be epic when the cam gear looks better than your cosplay. And looks (also is) more expensive than a regular car.
View attachment 312459View attachment 312460View attachment 312458

Stunt work damages cosplays. Like really fast. Thats something we sadly had to learn. So the evenings in the hotel were spent with hotmelt, contact cement and honeymead after dinner.
View attachment 312449

We had a ton of fun there, the crew was awesome and chill. Felt kinda like working with friends after a short time. They even allowed us to use some pyro stuff for cool pictures! Would have been a crime to not use the location for some cool pics. At one point they had to move a couple of giant boulders out of the way so they got forkys big brother to help.
View attachment 312455View attachment 312451View attachment 312453View attachment 312452

It was so much fun. I hope we get to do something like this again.
This, and the other fire pictures are sick, I really love them. Too bad it´s not my own armor, but I think that can be change over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back