1. 581-Erudite Watch
    Greetings Guest! I am the NEW guide of the 405th Infantry Division. I am 581. Surely, you are asking yourself, who is this fascinating entity and what is he about? Fear not! The staff of this great community has cleverly created a comic to share my backstory with you. Click HERE to learn more!

Dismiss Notice

Halo Mjolnir Markings

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by Jackshadow, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Jackshadow

Jackshadow New Member

Bit of a random question, but do you all put UNSC insignia, rank, Spartan numbers on your armor? I'm finishing up a Mark VI from H4, and I know the Master Chief's armor doesn't have them. I'd thought the Chief's Mjolnir was somewhat unique, but having seen the Halo Wars cutscenes with Jerome and the other S-IIs, they all have generally the same style, so I thought about making mine unique. I know there's no right answer, just wondering what people do style-wise...

2. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer

Spartan-IIs had the numbers on their armor when they got the first MJOLNIR - Mark IV. The Spartans you see in Halo Wars are Red Team, Spartan-IIs with Mark IV MJOLNIR. Spartan-IIs all had their number on Mark IV only.
    Halo Wars takes place in 2531, whereas all other Halo games take place 20 years later - 2552 and later with never generations of MJOLNIR.
    Look in other Halos that take place after Halo Wars - Combat Evolved with John-117 in Mark V, Halo 2 and 3 with John-117 in Mark VI. He never had any logos or his numbers. Nothing.
    Some of Noble Team in Halo Reach had small logos on their Mark Vs - but not all. Only Jorge and Carter had numbers.
    Spartan-VIs don't have any numbers, they have normal Service Numbers, which is not visible on armor. They often have Fireteam emblems... or unique markings.

If you're doing your own Spartan - go with whatever you want. If you want numbers or insignias, you're free to do whatever you want.
    If you're doing a face character like Master Chief, it's generally better to stay accurate. Otherwise, if you change things, it won't be Master Chief anymore.

Jackshadow likes this.