Halo ODST Rookie

MystixDragon

Hi everyone! I am looking for some 3d files of the ODST Rookie armor and helmet. This is my first armor build and I am on a pretty tight budget so I'm looking for free files if possible. I have been able to find some versions of the helmet but I have a smaller printer and I am not able to print it in one piece and none of the files I find are in pieces. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone! I am looking for some 3d files of the ODST Rookie armor and helmet. This is my first armor build and I am on a pretty tight budget so I'm looking for free files if possible. I have been able to find some versions of the helmet but I have a smaller printer and I am not able to print it in one piece and none of the files I find are in pieces. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!
You may struggle to find free files that are pre-split, but check out Meshmixer - it's a free program that can cut up models so you can fit them on your printer!

I would absolutely recommend learning how to use Meshmixer to cut your own files as PlanetAlexander said, it's a great tool to be able to use for a load of things including cutting. It can take time to get used to but its well worth the time investment. It's also very useful for scaling your armour (if you weren't aware,most files need to be scaled for each different person just because all of us are different heights. etc.)

> I have been able to find some versions of the helmet but

A word of advice... Same advice I mention most times...
Start at the feet and hands and work upward/inward with the helmet being last.
Develop your skills on the smallest and least looked-at parts like feet and do the helmet (the part everyone stares at and judges you by), do that last after you've got some printing and scaling experience under your belt.

Here’s a real quick video I made on how to split objects up in meshmixer! It’s a real user friendly program! So I wouldn’t worry about looking for split up files, just do it yourself
Basically

Edit
Plane Cut
Select where you want to split
Select Slice - Keep both
Accept

Then

Edit
Separate Shells
Then Export each piece of your split object
Done!

> I have been able to find some versions of the helmet but

A word of advice... Same advice I mention most times...
Start at the feet and hands and work upward/inward with the helmet being last.
Develop your skills on the smallest and least looked-at parts like feet and do the helmet (the part everyone stares at and judges you by), do that last after you've got some printing and scaling experience under your belt.
Thanks for the advice! However, I only plan on 3d Printing the helmet and the chest armor. The other parts will most likely be Eva foam

Here’s a real quick video I made on how to split objects up in meshmixer! It’s a real user friendly program! So I wouldn’t worry about looking for split up files, just do it yourself
Basically

Edit
Plane Cut
Select where you want to split
Select Slice - Keep both
Accept

Then

Edit
Separate Shells
Then Export each piece of your split object
Done!

View attachment 343437
Thank you! This is super useful, I had no idea where to really start

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back