Halo: Reach Custom Armor Concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravarkian

Jr Member
I've been lurking around the 405th for a long time now and I am finally getting things in order to make a Noble Six foam build of my own. With all the foam reach builds I'm surprised I haven't seen more entirely custom attachments or pieces like shoulders, so I thought I might give it a shot once I get the basic MJOLNIR Mark V armor pieces done. Here are the first sketches I did of a few custom variants to get an idea for what I might do.

MJOLNIRMKVDesignscustomcopy_zps901fe2be.jpg

I was wondering if anyone else here had the same idea and wanted to see what the guys and gals of the 405th might have come up with.

i've nearly finished my custom foam build and one of the things I found is subtlety is the key. If you go too custom and change too much it just doesn't work because it becomes something unrecognisable however the designs you have here look good :)

I agree. I've drawn some inspiration from the concept art of the MK V armor but I realized it was quite different from the in-game armor. In the concept art the Spartan-III's are decked out in gear and attachments, some you can't even see the original armor, so I don't want to go that far. Maybe just a few small Up-Armored additions and shoulders. Most I planned on leaving alone.
I plan on building the Mark V helmet with the HUL/3 and the UA visor attachment, but aside from that and the default armor, I don't have much decided.
Oh, and excuse the rough sketches, they're pretty messy because I didn't strain on the details too much and just tried to throw them out quickly.
I've been following your build for a while now and can't wait to see it finished. Not to mention your helpful tutorials!

Quick drawings or not they're bloody good!!
Thanks for the compliments. I'm nearly there with the suit now jut got to get the strapping done this week and add the lights once they turn up :)

Thanks, I can't wait to start my own build soon enough. I'm sure 16 tiles of Eva foam is a good start, right?

Thanks! I've never tried story boarding before, but now that I think about it there are a few stories of mine I'd like to see done. Why do you ask?

Nice Sketches. I too was toying with the idea of making a noble 6 (with a twist) costume. You mentioned custom shoulders, it appears you are looking to change the silhouette of the standard armour. I like the shoulder attachments you have added to the majority of your sketches! unfortunately because of the angle I cant tell whether they are all symmetrical or a-symmetrical attachments. Maybe look for a purpose, a speciality? Say, a heavy, and the develop larger, more bulky armour and attachments like shoulder-pads and collar guards. I think the shoulder/backpack attachments, as well as the helmet comm piece. Nice work anyways, look forward to seeing this develop!! :D

Thanks Archie! Most of them are symmetrical except 5 and 7, and like you said, I tried to come up with functions for the armor attachments that I added. Though I hadn't really thought of something specific yet, maybe the shoulder seen on 5 and 7 could be an Operator UA shoulder of somekind, but who knows! I'll think of something and play around more with it later, come up with more stuff when I get the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back