Halo Reach: Custom Noble 6 EVA costume.

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by TheSafariMan, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

BUT WHERE IS THE REST OF HER?????? Did you kill your mom and just put her feet in the picture? What for? Your sick!!!!!! Great suit though. Good job.

PaiganBoi and TheSafariMan like this.
  2. TheSafariMan

TheSafariMan Member

Hahahaha, that comment had me in stitches laughing xD Thank you! :D

Dirtdives likes this.
  3. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Glad I'm here to amuse you. But really, the suit looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.

4. TheSafariMan

TheSafariMan Member

I'll try my best! After I make the helmet I think I'll be done making full suits for a while. I improved my build time from my ODST build though, that took me 3 years on and off and this took about 4 months! :)

Dirtdives likes this.
  5. morkar78

morkar78

Great job! Just a quick question: Do the strip still work if you cut the piece you need?

6. TheSafariMan

TheSafariMan Member

You can! You can only cut them to certain length though

Dirtdives and morkar78 like this.
  7. TheSafariMan

TheSafariMan Member

Quick update!

After a few attempts and various pep files, I finally made the helmet!
    I decided to go with the Gungnir helmet, yes the one with no visor xD
    Kind of a dumb move on my part giving up visibility but I just love this helmet so much, its awesome!
    Anyway, its not painted yet or anything, I literally just finished making it.
    WhatsApp Image 2017-11-01 at 23.08.23 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-11-01 at 23.08.23.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-11-01 at 23.08.23 (2).jpeg

Dirtdives likes this.
  8. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

And it looks great!!!!! You definitely need a handler when wearing this.....as far as visibility goes.....you might use a standard door peephole. It gives you a wide angle of vision. The down side of that is that the peephole is small......very small. Another way, a bit pricey, is a smartphone w/ a micro-camera. Someone here did it this way but I just can't find the thread.

TheSafariMan likes this.
  9. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard

Another option is to buy a cheapo version of a GoPro like the SJCam and carve out a hole for the lens and a slot to hold the camera body in. You'd effectively be looking through a dash cam all day. I use an SJCam on a rail mount for my paintball gun on mission days and it's battery life is fantastic and would be able to make it through a full day at a convention.

Dirtdives and TheSafariMan like this.
  10. TheSafariMan

TheSafariMan Member

I did something along those lines with my first iteration of the helmet, but I did it with an old camera, the quality was meh but the frame rate was enough to make anyone puke after using it to see xD I'm pretty afraid to start carving holes in this helmet, so I might only wear the helmet for pictures

TurboCharizard and Dirtdives like this.
  11. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

It still look super cool though......Fantastic work.

12. TheSafariMan

TheSafariMan Member

And now its finished!
    Helmets painted up and ready to go!
    I'm attending a con Next Saturday so I'll post pictures of the whole suit after it. :)
    For now, here's the helmet fully painted:
    WhatsApp Image 2017-11-02 at 22.25.37 (3).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-11-02 at 22.25.37 (4).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-11-02 at 22.25.37 (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-11-02 at 22.25.37 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-11-02 at 22.25.37.jpeg

TurboCharizard and Dirtdives like this.
  13. TheSafariMan

TheSafariMan Member

Hey!
    Had my first full day in my gear, here's some pictures! :)
    SAM_0335.JPG SAM_0336.JPG SAM_0337.JPG SAM_0338.JPG SAM_0341.JPG SAM_0342.JPG SAM_0343.JPG SAM_0344.JPG SAM_0345.JPG SAM_0346.JPG SAM_0347.JPG SAM_0348.JPG SAM_0349.JPG SAM_0350.JPG SAM_0351.JPG SAM_0352.JPG SAM_0353.JPG SAM_0354.JPG SAM_0355.JPG SAM_0356.JPG SAM_0330.JPG SAM_0331.JPG SAM_0332.JPG SAM_0333.JPG SAM_0334.JPG

DefineLuck likes this.
  14. DefineLuck

DefineLuck New Member

Suit looks good man, good job.

TheSafariMan likes this.
  15. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Nicely done TheSafariMan. I always have to give a bigger kudos to those that build this helmet......you just can't see out of these w/o some serious help.....either a door peephole or a mini cam that is hooked up to a phone's camera, like a VR goggle. Great job TheSafariMan!!!

16. RaraCloe

RaraCloe New Member

great job!

TheSafariMan likes this.
  17. TheSafariMan

TheSafariMan Member

Thanks! I gave every different way you mentioned a go, the camera connected to a phone was ok, but it was so close to my face I was straining my eyes to see clearly so I stopped. Currently I have the eye part cut out and replaced with clear plastic which is good if not a little bit restricted. Thankfully my girlfriend was with me the whole day to guide me around. It must have been pretty funny to see a small girl leading around a hulking Spartan as if he were blind xD

PaiganBoi and Dirtdives like this.
  18. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

I could only imagine her leading you around and something like this happening.....:

giphy (23).gif

TheSafariMan and PaiganBoi like this.
  19. TheSafariMan

TheSafariMan Member

That's not too far off Whenever she left my tiny field of vision I'd be looking around frantically looking like a lost puppy I accidentally backed up into a wall at one point too

Dirtdives likes this.
  20. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Did you cry?.....because I would have laughed just as hard at you as I did at this kid.......Yes I am cruel and insensitive.....I would laugh the same if it were my own kids......which I have done.

TheSafariMan likes this.
  21. TheSafariMan

TheSafariMan Member

You know what they say, "Spartans never CRY" xD

22. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Good thing you had your helmet on right? ;) Just messing w/ you man......:D

TheSafariMan likes this.
  23. TheSafariMan

TheSafariMan Member

The lack of visor really ensures the tears stay hidden xD

Leiutenant Jaku and Dirtdives like this.