Halo series undersuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkusmc

Looking to do a Chief build from the series, but am curious if anyone has tried to make an undersuit from the show. I've seen threads of the soft parts that are visible underneath for multiple game versions, but nothing that looks like how they did it for the show.

There will be armor pieces on top, so it doesn't have to be the full undersuit that is seen when Chief is "off duty" in garrison.

You mean this one?
It honestly resembles Mass Effect armor so much rather than Halo to me.
From what I seen it's different kinds of fabrics sewn together for the most part like on the arms and legs it just looks like a pattern very closely sewn togetherfor the most part. Leather or pleather and other kinds of fabric.
The other pieces look like harder material on the torso wasn't flexible when actors were moving so I'm guessing rubber cast with weird tire-pattern and then connected with rivets.
They definitely did love to sew this tube/layer pattern everywhere on the show. If the Kylo Ren cosplayers hated making their sleeves... this one one wins.

1662600827455.png

1662600971979.png

1662600420069.png

Working on that undersuit for my own armor. Its a &^%$#-tone of sewing for all those side panels with the hoses and fittings!
Looks like Reclaimara has been doing the same still frame grabs I have. Watch... pause... frame advance... grab... {repeat ad-nausium} Hahaha. We all have the same (limited) source material to study.
1662684290819.png

Not sure if I'll have all done in time for November's convention in Brisbane, but I'm fueled by energy drinks until then. Hahah.
Those connector greeblies are available here:
And that shop has a few other TV-series bits like the dog tags.

Looking to do a Chief build from the series, but am curious if anyone has tried to make an undersuit from the show. I've seen threads of the soft parts that are visible underneath for multiple game versions, but nothing that looks like how they did it for the show.

There will be armor pieces on top, so it doesn't have to be the full undersuit that is seen when Chief is "off duty" in garrison.
yaya han fabrics they have the stuff to make the under suit at least the soft parts

Jesus. That's a lot of ribbed fabric.
Sadly I've never seen any fabrics with ribs that big.

The closest fabric to that is ottoman rib/ribbed spandex. But they usually come in 5-7mm ribs, nothing like the 10mm ones seen in the show.

I think whoever made the show costume was probably heavily inspired or used Legacy Effects' Reach costumes for reference since they have ribbed undersuits for the fabric portion.

Upon closer inspection of the photos Reclaimara has provided, it seems they used plain weave fabrics and sewn it into ribs (Or had a textile company provide it pre-ribbed) looking at the photos

1662995173712.png

1662995208191.png

All I can say it that weave they have. I can only think of one thing. That IS A BOILING HOT suit.

Last edited:
First trial... Thought I'd start at the calves since that's below eye-line and mostly covered when the armor is on.
I did goof on the first one (right side of pic). Early examination of screen captures lead me to believe the calves did NOT have the greeblies on the end of every pleat. I was wrong. Since they will attach with velcro and the convention is in Nov. I might have to leave the right one dummied up with silver paint and only have them on the left. In the miracle there is time to remake the right, then I'll add them.

1663016911167.png

I would love to know if anyone has as well!

I would love to know if anyone has as well!
DO you mean like the parts in the photo right above your post?
This might be a case of "a picture is worth 1,000 words". Maybe mark-up a screen grab of the parts you're meaning.
An arrow on a picture that points out 'this area here' cuts out a lot of confusion.

DO you mean like the parts in the photo right above your post?
This might be a case of "a picture is worth 1,000 words". Maybe mark-up a screen grab of the parts you're meaning.
An arrow on a picture that points out 'this area here' cuts out a lot of confusion.
I didn't see that someone had posted a suit. My bad

Let me rephrase. I'm not saying someone here posted one. I'm saying its hard to tell what portions of the suit from the show, that you're referring to. "This is covered up.... soft parts... the exposed parts..." - So I'm suggesting you use a screen grab from the show and mark it up to indicate which parts you feel you want to make.

Oh... Yeah... {early morning} I get it now. My mention of the photo above your post. The photo of the two calf panels. So far that's as far as I've gotten. Sewing is moving up my priority list. Painting hard armor has been first because painting requires a day or two between coats, you can't paint until you sand and putty, putty requires cure time, all of that is during sun-up hours... sewing I can do at night and is immediately ready so that's been delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back