halo shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvercookie

since i havent seen one yet i was thinking of making one out of hard foam then coating it in fiberglass resin.

would this work or would i need a different material?

also i have many pics ofthe shotgun and a few action figure ones.

the only thing with fiberglass resin that it will heat up and it might melt the foam

I may want to keep this open, because I will be making a Halo shotty soonish. I am actually starting with the gun casing from a House of the Dead videogame. We have some old, busted up ones at work..

Aside from the fact that there are some serious detail changes to be made, I think this will give a decent head-start on it. Also it's nice that all the mounts for the electronics/triggers/pump slide are already there. It will end up just being a conversion job... rather than starting from scratch.

I'll post some images of the gun interior and electronics before I start... I've been wanting to do so for a while here anyway just because it might help some of you to see how these guns are designed and wired.. little details like the design of the trigger/switch mount are really useful fo anybody making Halo weapons.

I'll get some pics here tonight.

-Sean

Sean Bradley said:
I may want to keep this open, because I will be making a Halo shotty soonish. I am actually starting with the gun casing from a House of the Dead videogame. We have some old, busted up ones at work..

Aside from the fact that there are some serious detail changes to be made, I think this will give a decent head-start on it. Also it's nice that all the mounts for the electronics/triggers/pump slide are already there. It will end up just being a conversion job... rather than starting from scratch.

I'll post some images of the gun interior and electronics before I start... I've been wanting to do so for a while here anyway just because it might help some of you to see how these guns are designed and wired.. little details like the design of the trigger/switch mount are really useful fo anybody making Halo weapons.

I'll get some pics here tonight.

-Sean

o ive seen those like the ones at the arcades right?

if you need reference pics pm me.

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm an arcade tech so I have to fix those things all the time. It's neat to get to tinker with them, but from the very first time I opened one up, I was thinking... "how would I convert this into a Halo shotty?"

Now some old guns shells have been piling up, so I can probably get one for free. Ordinarily the plastic shell alone for the game would cost about $300, so I've just been waiting for the right opportunity to score one for free that only required a little fixing up.

I'll post some stuff up on this soonly.

this is gonna be cool.

after I get an AR, I wanna get a shotgun.

and then maybe if I make a costume for the girlfriend, get her an AR, and a sniper rifle

(grumble, sniping B****, love you honey)

I should clarify before I get anymore PM's I am BARELY able to get one of these for myself... infact I'm still convincing the boss to part with one of these. So, no I can't sell any to you all!

However I WILL be taking one of these and heavily modifying it to look like a Halo 2 shotgun. It will take some time... Actually this is the first time I've looked at them side by side... it seems I've got my work cut out for me.

So this isn't even on the horizon yet, I've got WAYY too much to juggle at the moment, with trying to get some time to finish the tutorial, revising and finishing off some new energy swords, and working on my Model 6C pistol I've been finishing off, ect.

Anyhow heres the comparison between them... Like I said theres alot of work to be done here..

halo-2-shotty.jpg

HODShotty1.jpg

HODShotty2.jpg

HODShotty3.jpg

HODShottyDetail.jpg

HODShotty4.jpg

I'll get some more shots of a working, complete gun the next time somebody busts one at our arcade so you can all see the electronics, and the configuration of the trigger and pump slide cocking mechanism.

Like I said I think it'll ge beneficial for everybody making their own custom weapons to see how this particular one was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back