Halo Wars Campaign And Achievements Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enrisan

Hey everyone. I thought it would be nice to post a thread about the Halo Wars campaign to discuss the story, or if you need help with anything in particular.
Also, if you have any achievement tips, post them as well.

I just beat the campaign on Normal a while ago. I only have 8 achievements so far.
I ran into a glitch on the 2nd level though, I was almost done with the level and somehow my camera got stuck outside of the map and I couldn't get it out anymore....I tried to get out for like 5 minutes and had to restart.
I heard others have been having this problem on other levels as well. I would try avoiding the outer walls of the maps, try not to push into them or you might get stuck.

The cinematics were really cool, especially the Spartans vs Elite guards and Forge vs the Arbiter. The ending for some reason didn't feel as dramatic though. Anyone know if there's a legendary ending?

I also thought it was cool that the Pillar of Autumn was there. Unless I heard wrong..

I also thought it was cool that the Pillar of Autumn was there. Unless I heard wrong..

You thought right dude, it was there.

LOL, I remember I was watching a couple of cutscenes when my mom overheard and said a couple funny things.

<Translation/>"Es china?"
"Is she asian?" (talking about anders)

<Translation/>"Esta bonita!"
"She's pretty!" (Anders...again)

<Translation/>"Quien es Sabrina?"
"Who is Sabrina?" (talking about serina but got the name wrong LOLZ)

<Back on topic/>

I am having some trouble on trying to run over 50 grunts with my warthogs. Bloody things kill the grunts before they even touch the front bunmper.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't beat the campain yet but I plan to play it this weekend - I have been playing skirmish with my friends.

Last night we played online against some people and got owned. It was a fun first game and many things were learned.

However after playing against the arbiter it is obvious that he is quite the bad a**.

leegrisham said:
However after playing against the arbiter it is obvious that he is quite the bad a**.
I haven't done much skirmish, only some on the demo..but all the Prophet does is spam Honor Guard Elites that completely own my infantry lol.

I'm gonna go back and try getting some of the campaign achievements and try and get better before I do online skirmishes. I'm kind of slow at it right now..

I got a LE copy for free for dressing up last min at midnight, thank goodness to because I didnt have the $90 to get it. I spent it all on molding stuff. but I beat it on normal and the only glitch I had was the level where you had to attach the elephant to the reactor and pull it up the hill, it got stuck when trying to attach and all the sudden I could move any of my troops at all had to save it and restart to get it going again

wow nice!
on that level, my elephant kept getting locked between my units and it wouldn't move, so I had to keep selecting units and making them move somewhere else so the elephant could get through.
at one point it couldn't turn around the other way cause it was hauling that thing and it was getting stuck on itself.

Im going to try to play on live this weekend. If you guys wanna add me as a friend, my GT is WarPony38.

See you all on the battlefield.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Enrisan said:
I haven't done much skirmish, only some on the demo..but all the Prophet does is spam Honor Guard Elites that completely own my infantry lol.

I'm gonna go back and try getting some of the campaign achievements and try and get better before I do online skirmishes. I'm kind of slow at it right now..

That's a good idea -
Although no ammount of playing against a computer in skirmish can prepare you to play against a human... Humans just play in such a way that a computer can never replicate - it's crazy....

Any way the prophet has the huge beam of death but he is slow ...
the arbiter however (once fully upgraded) stays cloaked at all times, heals himself with all damage delt, has damage reflection, and is fast as heck.

I have been thinking about it all day and when your playing as humans it is absoulutly nesicary to use your disrupture bombs and or the ice thing that you can drop or else your toast against the leaders.. something you have to keep in mind when playing a covie leader online.
--
On a side note - how do you apply the LE Skins?? I have redeemed my code and downloaded them but they don't apply to my vehicles when I'm playing ... what have I done or not done wrong?

i finished the campaign on normal today. the only glitch i ran into was the same one posted earlier with the camera sticking outside the level on relic interior. i started playing back thru to get all of the skulls, black boxes and achievements earlier this afternoon. its gonna take awhile, but it will be sooooo satisfying to get it all done. so far ive got maybe 6 or 7 black boxes, and 9 or skulls.

I beat the campaign on normal yesterday. I was kinda dissapointed about the ending though. So far the only glitch I've encountered in the game is that on the beginning of the level when you have to protect the transports trying to escape, I set up a base and for some reason it kept staying in lock down mode. Like I could not get it open no matter how many times I pressed unlocked on the base menu. On my second playthrough of the level where you have to rescue Anders and Forge in the relic I finally got the achievement for killing the grunts and elites by dropping them with the light bridge.

I beat the campaign on Normal, probably not going to play the higher difficulties, 50GS for Heroic? No thanks, not enough for my wild ;)

Timed missions are the hardest for me,

LAST MISSION TIP

The One problem I had was that there would be an impassable barrier (In between the covenant bases) that my units had to walk ALL the way around the map, just to get to the point where they were TWO feet away.

So, take out all of the covenant bases before you go and activate the interlocks

Im on mission 11, and Ive got over 16 achievements... :p
Although I am having trouble with the "Handy with Tools" Achievement... It seems impossible to be that quick.
Acutally, Nevermind, I just thought, Im going to use the regenerator. ^^

Keegan said:
Im on mission 11, and Ive got over 16 achievements... :p
Although I am having trouble with the "Handy with Tools" Achievement... It seems impossible to be that quick.
Acutally, Nevermind, I just thought, Im going to use the regenerator. ^^

It's not terribly hard, and if I recall, the regen dosn't do anything to it, you've gotta use the Cyclopse's. Just train as many as you can from both barrack's and set the rally point next to the damaged power core thingy, It shouldn't be to hard, I got it first try.

-Doom

I beat the campaign a few days ago, It was EPIC!!!! I have around 20 achievments so far, I also have all 3 of the skulls that came with Halo 3 maps :rolleyes

Doom said:
It's not terribly hard, and if I recall, the regen dosn't do anything to it, you've gotta use the Cyclopse's. Just train as many as you can from both barrack's and set the rally point next to the damaged power core thingy, It shouldn't be to hard, I got it first try.

-Doom
Ooh, I didnt think of training them, because I usually dont use the barracks. Thanks Doom.

I finished the campain yesterday I was very satisfied with the story and ending to the halo wars campain. Now I'm going back through to collect skulls and achievements I missed - will probably do a run through on legendary to see if there is a special ending too.

Also played a whole lot of LIVE this weekend - the competition is starting to really heat up and thanks to that stupid video on Xbox live everyone is doing warthog rushes.

Keegan said:
Ooh, I didnt think of training them, because I usually dont use the barracks. Thanks Doom.

when i did it, i trained them constantly. if you just put the units that you start of with at the ramps going to the reactor, they will take care of anything that tries to come by. im pretty sure i wound up having 20 of the cyclops units and finishing in like 3:45, give or take about ten seconds.

also, im sure some of you already know this, but with all the unlockables (skulls, black boxes and achievements) once youve gotten them, you dont have to actually finish the level completely. you can just resign as soon as you pick them up and go on to whatever is next on your list.

right now ive got 2 skulls and 1 black box left to get, and ive got 28 of the achievements. i dont know why im so intent on turning this game inside out so hard and so fast. im almost killing replay value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back