Halo Wars New Concept Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
MysticLegend said:
If I had my book right now, I'd tell you the date that the Spartans got their armor. Until then....uh....yeah.
It's a small window, but the Spartans might have got their armor in time for the Battle of Harvest.

Sorry, no window...

Dr Halsey shared full extent of destruction of Harvest with CPO Mendez on 11 Sept 2525 which prompted Spartan-II's first real mission on following day, 12 Sept 2525. Spartan-IIs were briefed of Harvest on 2 Nov 2525 and spent next 3 weeks on small missions while enroute to Damascus Materials Testing Facility on Chi Ceti 4 where they received their Mark-IV MJOLNIR on 27 Nov 2525.

That new pic does appear to show a Mark V. Guess the folks at ensemble haven't read "Fall of Reach". That book alone lays out the time span for the Mark IV MJOLNIR. Spartan-II's were not issued the Mark-V until the day before the Battle for Reach (29 Aug 2552) and the subsequent discovery of the first Halo ring on 30 Aug 2552.

I'm not as worked up about the AR b/c it was in service as early as 2525 when the first Spartan-II mission used MA2Bs (cut down versions of the standard MA5B)...maybe even before first contact with the Covenent if the new Harvest book has anything to say about it.

Anyone notice that Pelican in the motorpool area looks like some kinda double-wide model, planning to swallow three 'hogs. And how 'bout those tanks, that one on the move looks to have its rear tracks spread further out and forward that our familiar M808B Scorpion MBTs. And the parked tanks look even more unlike our tank, they're as wide as they are long. Think those are 50mm MLA autocannons on the battlements? I'll make a guess that the guys in the pelican with the Spartan are ODST b/c their armor is better designed than the shingle looking plates the Marines wore in Halo:CE -- notice the 5 divit hand plate on the marine.

I do love these teaser pics

Last edited by a moderator:
:notworthy: i cant wait for it to come out looks fun and yes i do agree adam the marines armor looks nice. anyone know if u can build SPARTANs in the Game? if so please PM me ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back