Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem, buddy. Just trying to help out where and when I can :cool

Should also be helpful to anyone else who stops by this thread with the same question :D

yep yep yep... But I DIDN"T know about the font sizee... so you still helped somewhat... lol! I'm printing out he ODST silenced pistol, the super HD one. TRying to do THAT without edge ID... *shudders*

Hey there everyone, I'm new to the forums!

I joined because I saw an Indy Mogul video featuring pepakura armor, and it is my new year's resolution to have one completed. For some reason, when I try to open a pdo file on my computer (PC), it cannot locate the program to open it with. Even when I select pepakura designer or pepakura viewer, it still has this problem. Help?

And for anyone who lives in California, where can I find aqua resin?

Thanks for any help.

Tsabo Tsaboc said:
Hey there everyone, I'm new to the forums!

I joined because I saw an Indy Mogul video featuring pepakura armor, and it is my new year's resolution to have one completed. For some reason, when I try to open a pdo file on my computer (PC), it cannot locate the program to open it with. Even when I select pepakura designer or pepakura viewer, it still has this problem. Help?

And for anyone who lives in California, where can I find aqua resin?

Thanks for any help.

Welcome :)

Have you tried opening the file through the Pepakura software directly? That is opening Pepakura Designer or Viewer and going "File - Open" and navigating to the PDO file you're wanting to use, sometimes Windows can be kind of funny about opening PDO's without actually opening them through the software.

Also try dropping a post with the aqua resin question in this thread, it's specifically for members in California so if anyone would know it's probably one of them :)

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20330

Last edited by a moderator:
Another question from me...

I've gotten around to building my armour's size-tester parts, and I've run into a problem. Although the armour is to scale length-wise, it hardly fits in terms of width. I'm of a slender build, so essentially the armour is too wide for me. Should I modify the pep model to make the armour thinner? Alternatively, should I just leave the armour as it is and after it's done, put padding inside instead? Would it look weird though?

edit: I've modified the 3D model to better match myself. However, once I import the model back in Pepakura, I lose the unfold data. Is there a way to save the modifications on the model while still retaining the unfold data?

hi, new here, for some reason when i try open a pdo file it only opens in viewer and wont open in designer i cant figure out why it wont work it opens fine in viewer but wont open in designer so i can edit it n such any help ? btw I'm using windows seven and have the latest versions of pepakura viewer and designer

S0UNDWAVE said:
hi, new here, for some reason when i try open a pdo file it only opens in viewer and wont open in designer i cant figure out why it wont work it opens fine in viewer but wont open in designer so i can edit it n such any help ? btw I'm using windows seven and have the latest versions of pepakura viewer and designer

Are you opening the files in Pepakura Designer directly via "File - Open"? It could be that the PDO extension is linked to the viewer software and opens in that by default.

Belakor said:
Are you opening the files in Pepakura Designer directly via "File - Open"? It could be that the PDO extension is linked to the viewer software and opens in that by default.

yeah i'm opening it through designer via file open, how do i change the file extension to open it in designer ?

S0UNDWAVE said:
yeah i'm opening it through designer via file open, how do i change the file extension to open it in designer ?

You should be able to right click on a PDO file and go to "Properties", then in the window that pops up you go to the "Change" button next to "Opens with: "

screenshot20091211at829.png

And select Designer from the list of applications in the next pop up window.

Or go to "Tools - Folder Options" in Windows explorer

screenshot20091211at833c.png

Then go to the "File Types" tab, select the PDO format and click "Change" and select the Designer software

screenshot20091211at833.png

I think that changes it for all PDO files...

Note: I selected PDF in the above screenshot but that's just because I don't use Pep on this particular Windows VM.

Belakor said:
You should be able to right click on a PDO file and go to "Properties", then in the window that pops up you go to the "Change" button next to "Opens with: "

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7259/screenshot20091211at829.png

And select Designer from the list of applications in the next pop up window.

Or go to "Tools - Folder Options" in Windows explorer

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2363/screenshot20091211at833c.png

Then go to the "File Types" tab, select the PDO format and click "Change" and select the Designer software

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6966/screenshot20091211at833.png

I think that changes it for all PDO files...

Note: I selected PDF in the above screenshot but that's just because I don't use Pep on this particular Windows VM.

I tried that but it didn't work, I open designer click file and open and as soon as i have selected the file designer automatically closes and opens viewer instead, the files say that they open with designer though.

S0UNDWAVE said:
I tried that but it didn't work, I open designer click file and open and as soon as i have selected the file designer automatically closes and opens viewer instead, the files say that they open with designer though.

That's odd, does it do it with all files or just specific ones? If specific ones what are they? I know some files are password protected and wont open in Designer without a password but other than that I've never had any trouble so I'm not sure what would be causing it... :unsure

Belakor said:
That's odd, does it do it with all files or just specific ones? If specific ones what are they? I know some files are password protected and wont open in Designer without a password but other than that I've never had any trouble so I'm not sure what would be causing it... :unsure

well pdo files on this site work fine It seems to be ones from other sites such as paper-replika that force open into viewer rather than designer but its the pdo files on paper replika that i need which is the problem

S0UNDWAVE said:
well pdo files on this site work fine It seems to be ones from other sites such as paper-replika that force open into viewer rather than designer but its the pdo files on paper replika that i need which is the problem

I can't get the paper-replika site to load but I would say that's probably the problem, most papercraft sites out there that post PDO files password protect them so you're not able to open them in Designer which makes it automatically open in Viewer. Unfortunately the only real way around it is to have the password to unlock it for Designer and be able to scale

Hi, was wondering if anyone could direct me on how to do a "touch-up" paint job on a helmet I just got. By touch-up, I mean that the paint lines need to be sharper. (The guy I bought this from apparently took 4 minutes to paint the entire helmet. It's that bad..) It's a Recon helmet. Are there any youtube videos that might show how to do this? Thanks in advance!

Hi iTs SlayeR said:
Wasent mentioned up there so im wondering.

Is there anyway to request to buy helmet or some sort?

There is a Classified section on here that you could post up a want to buy thread but it's limited to "Veteran" members and isn't visible until you get to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back