Having Truble With A Pep Peace For The Recon Helmet, Need Some Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so i'm going to start making the my second prototype recon helmet (sadly, yes it will still be made out of printer paper because that is all i have available at the moment... but also note THIS IS JUST A PROTOTYPE, AND I WILL NOT BE FIBERGLASSING THIS OR DOING ANYTHING OTHER THAN USING IT TO GET A DECENT SCALING DOWN.)

but while i was making my first recon helmet, i ran into one peace that i for the life of me, cannot figure out... i looked at it in pep designer, moved it to its own page, enlarged it till it took up all 19inches of my screen, and i still can't figure the damn thing out... its the peace that goes over the top left eye, that connects the visor to the helmet, (basically one of the ones i was missing from my first try at the recon helmet in my first post)

i have attached a picture of the peace itself... can any one explain how its supposed to be folded, look, and be installed ? if you can post some pictures to help explain in your response to this thread, that would be PERFECT.

thanks.
Outlaw-Tiger

I find that using the Pep viewer can help you figure out where those small mysterious pieces go :) So go to the website, download the view and it should solve all your small misc problems when making the helmet.

glad to be of help,
Spidur

Well dont feel bad that one drove me nuts for a while till I got fed up cut scrap to fill any open holes and threw that one in the bin lol I work better with fiberglass and filler.

Privateer said:
Well dont feel bad that one drove me nuts for a while till I got fed up cut scrap to fill any open holes and threw that one in the bin lol I work better with fiberglass and filler.

hahaha man that is ingenious lol.

and thanks for the advice spidur, i will have to look into that =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Outlaw-Tiger said:
hahaha man that is ingenious lol.

and thanks for the advice spidur, i will have to look into that =D

hehe np, np at all

The rabbit-ears sticking up on top are overlapping. You'll need to go into Pepakura Designer and cut one off.

If that didn't make sense, the two numbers that are on top of each other are 369 and 372. 369 obviously can't be there if the other 369 is where it is. Pepakura Designer screws up like that sometimes on small pieces. Just go in and fix it manually.

Unique Name said:
The rabbit-ears sticking up on top are overlapping. You'll need to go into Pepakura Designer and cut one off.

If that didn't make sense, the two numbers that are on top of each other are 369 and 372. 369 obviously can't be there if the other 369 is where it is. Pepakura Designer screws up like that sometimes on small pieces. Just go in and fix it manually.

i KNEW there had to be something wrong with that angle ! thank you =D. but i don't think i understand what you mean by just go and fix it... like what am i supposed to do to fix it ? sorry, but i'm not exactly the most tech savvy in this area.... video editing and gaming are my specialties on computers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back