HD Pepakura Warhammer 40k Boltgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there. As I doubt anyone still recognizes me, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Anonymous ONI agent (AOA or Anon for short), a user who used to post here semi-frequently before falling off the map a few years ago. Anyways, I've popped back in briefly just to give you all a little something I made.

While searching Google for images to use in a personal project of mine, I happened to discover by one way or another (I don't quite remember exactly how) that there was a disturbing lack of decent pepakura files of Bolters from Warhammer 40,000, and so I took it upon myself to correct this issue. And after a few days worth of work, I am now able to present you with the finished product of my efforts:

PepBolterPreview.png

DOWNLOAD: http://www.4shared.com/file/aPReAJ_Uce/GodwynBolter.html?

The file is fully unfolded and ready to print. Be aware however that it is currently scaled to be assembled at roughly 1:1 scale (perhaps slightly less), and will therefore be rather unwieldy for the average person. It is also currently only available for letter paper, although I will happy release a version for other paper sizes should I receive enough requests.

For any who may be upset with the absence of the skull/aquila/imperialis decoration on the right side of the weapon, be aware that I plan to release separate files for different decorative parts that can be added onto this base file, so that you can make your Bolter as plain or as pimped out as you desire. I also plan to release an alternative magazine model with a bolt round modeled onto the top.

In case it for some reason matters to anyone, I will be putting this up on the Obscurus Crusade (the 40k equivalent of the 405th for anyone wondering) forums, but since I already have an account here and I know that the site is fairly welcoming of non-Halo projects, I thought I'd put it here first.

If you have any issues, concerns, or just general feedback regarding the file, please post it here. Hope you enjoy it.

Attachments

• PepBolterPreview.png
    PepBolterPreview.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 2,601
UPDATE: Unfortunately, I realized a bit too late that I made a considerable error on the back left side of the model. At this point I have already corrected the base 3D model in Blender, fixed any open edges, and I'm ready to begin unfolding. The fixed .pdo file should be up within the next twelve to twenty-four hours. When that time comes I will post again to confirm that the fixed version is up.

New file is live, albeit about a day late. Also, I'd really appreciate some feedback; this is the first model I've ever made for pepakura, and I'm curious to know how I did!

Welcome back, i remember seeing your name from time to time when i was on a lot a while back. i just recently started posting more and more as well. :)
That bolter looks really well done. I plan on doing a warhammer 40k build at some point when i have some extra time and this looks like it would go well with it. I will download it sometime this weekend and take a look at it when i get a chance. Thank you for posting this and sharing it with everyone here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back