helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
halo2.jpg

I don't think he is selling any, but don't be surprised if the price is around $700 for this gem. Worth it too.

If your looking for a completed helmet, including paint and weathering, expect to spend an AVG of 600 to 1200 for it.

On the other hand, a vaccu formed kit, (AKA some assy required no paint, ect) 300 to 500 avg depending on what helmet it is.

below 300 if you can find it, will be a significant issues helmet, cracks, warpage ect.

Remember in costuming your paying for the TIME and scrutinizing attention to detail, not the materials!

DM

:mrgreen:

Heres some nice screen caps of the Halo 3 Helmet

halo3maskyt2.jpg

frame785fy2.jpg

frame877yp9.jpg

:mrgreen:

BTW,.. I have completely dcompiled the Hi-Res trailer for Halo 3 if anyone wants some pics. Ive burnt them to CD, and making a sort of costume reference CD out of it.
Just PM me. Its been pruned down to 44 MB.
DM

Adam said:
halo2.jpg

I don't think he is selling any, but don't be surprised if the price is around $700 for this gem. Worth it too.

If you compare this helmet to the screen cap you can see just how good of a job was done on this.

Very nice!!!

Good job!!

DM

Last edited by a moderator:
and it's not even a halo 3 helmet. it matches the halo 2 helmet perfectly.

i dont see any real difference between the halo 2 and the halo 3 helmet. except the underneath of the visor

They're there, just very subtle. Get out your 'Where's Waldo?" magnifying lense, and you find maybe 3 or four right away. Theres an extra louver on the top of the helmet, the section in the area of the ear has some extra levels, the two triangles that come off of the front center square of the jaw piece are curved a little more, and the underside of the helmets brim is now recessed.

I'm sure theres more, but thats just a few I spotted.

yes there are alot of very subtle differences in the halo 3 helmet going off of the other one I posted here. Some are minor, others bigger. There are alot of recesses on this helmet, and crease lines that are alot different.

You deffo learn all the subtle details when researching a costume. In the 501st, every one of those details would have to be spot on, to be accepted. It can be a pain to complete a costume due to that fact.

But the results are awesome, as you look like you were plucked right off the screen.

If we can get more high res screenies up we can really get a good set of plans going. The trick is finding someone up for the challenge of making a VERY accurate 3d model of the H3 costume using a CAD program. That way we can pepekura it.

I have the entire H3 preview movie decompiled, but its 44 megs worht of pics, I have no way to post that many pictures. Does anyone have the ability to FTP to a folder on this site or somewhere I can send these to be uploaded? Then viewed by the rest of us?

Thanks

DM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back