1st Build Help with 3d files for scaling.

MoonRakoon

Hello everyone, this would be my first official post. So, I've finally decided to begin building my first halo armor which will hopefully result in a faithful representation of my in-game armor spartan but so soon into my project I've run into a hiccup. I'm using titlewave designs' reach armor files and i have bought armorsmith to help with scaling. I managed to create my avatar and get my measurements as accurate as possible and now I'm scaling the armor pieces. Titlewave has conveniently split certain pieces to remove/attach with magnets for comfort/fit. my issue is that I would like to merge the pieces he separated just to have an idea of what the armor will look like assembled but I simply haven't found a solution. I've tried on multiple 3d builder apps to no success. Any help would be awesome

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpeg
    Screenshot.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 29
I had to do the same thing. You can use Meshmixer. Open the models in there, manually move them around so they are one piece. Export (the file will be much bigger, you'll have to ask a 3d modeler how to keep the render low). Open new stl in Armorsmith.

It wasn't anything too crazy, just a bit of tedious work.

Best of luck!

I had to do the same thing. You can use Meshmixer. Open the models in there, manually move them around so they are one piece. Export (the file will be much bigger, you'll have to ask a 3d modeler how to keep the render low). Open new stl in Armorsmith.

It wasn't anything too crazy, just a bit of tedious work.

Best of luck!
So I spoke to Aidan from titlewave designs, turns out the files included scaling guides for forearms and chest that come attached made my life 100 times easier lol
I had spent hours on mesh mixer trying to attach the forearm pieces but I kept getting error messages. Guess I have a lot to learn on 3 d modeling.
thank you! Will make a new thread once my 3D printer comes in the mail to show my entire build

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back