Help With Scary Folds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxic R4ptor

Hey all, I need help with my current armor. I'm working on master chief's helmet. The title isn't the most accurate, the folds are okay but nothing professional. Is this to be expected and an easy fix up with the putty on bondo? Or do I need to start over, I'm sorry I would put pics on to show examples but I sadly can't. The folds aren't too bad but there are mess ups at spots. Please could someone help me with the matter?
-Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thank you all very much!!

Hey all, I need help with my current armor. I'm working on master chief's helmet. The title isn't the most accurate, the folds are okay but nothing professional. Is this to be expected and an easy fix up with the putty on bondo? Or do I need to start over, I'm sorry I would put pics on to show examples but I sadly can't. The folds aren't too bad but there are mess ups at spots. Please could someone help me with the matter?
-Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thank you all very much!!

Im on my first build atm with the same issue, cuts and folds could have been better but the glu i choose was not the greatest so i did my best. For me tho this is a learning experience and i will finish the helmet (already resined and Fibre glassed) onto rondoing the inside and bondoing the outside over the next few days. my advice for you would be to stick with it and learn from it nothings really a failure if you learn from it. Hopefully this helps

I'm sure once you bondo, you can smooth it out. And if it messy or not the right shape, its nothing bondo cant fix. There were certain areas on my HD MKVI helmet that I didn't even match up the numbers, I just smothered the area with hot glue. But once I bondoed I can sand and use my dremel to shape it how I want :)

Hope this hepls :3

I'm in the same boat as you are - big, slightly shaky hands do not clean pepakura make :) If it can't be corrected later with bondo, chalk it up to experience & fire up the printer and card stock - good luck!

Most things can be fixed in the bondo stage, missing detail, small details, slight warping, even miss aligned edges. But things like heavy warping or bowing, large deformations can not be fixed. Remember it's not just the outside you have to worry about, you have to be able to stick a body part in what ever your making comfortably. So if your building a helmet and it's really warped it might be best to start over or it might be uncomfortable to wear when your finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back