HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN 731

i have read all of the stickies and i am stumped... i printed out the pepakura helm and have folded it... but i don't want a paper mask-thing... im thinking about getting a motorcycle mask or something idk... how do i glue the pieces together? is there a tutorial or something somewhere? i am completely new at this and want to attempt at armor as well.... so can anyone help?

well, for sure someone could figure this one out for themselves...but nonetheless, this is why there is a noob forum. *sigh*
once u have cut out and folded the pieces, u glue the numbers together, ie. 1 and 1 go together, 2 and 2, 3 and 3~~255 and 255, and eventually they'll come together to form a figure...
another tip.
mountain folds raises the figure and vally folds make it curvey or to form a curve.
put some of the effects together and u can get pretty cool details.

if this is unclear, pm me.

All the answers you seek are already in the forum. Try using the Search feature you know at the top of the web page... It's very helpful.

Evil Femle said:
All the answers you seek are already in the forum. Try using the Search feature you know at the top of the web page... It's very helpful.

okay so do i start with 1 or does it not matter? also i just want to make sure hot glue works? (its cardstock) also do match the flaps up? like the first #1 flap goes on top of the second #1 flap?

Last edited by a moderator:
SPARTAN-731 said:
okay so do i start with 1 or does it not matter? also i just want to make sure hot glue works? (its cardstock) also do match the flaps up? like the first #1 flap goes on top of the second #1 flap?

Hot glue can be used, just don't burn yourself.

Yes the flaps are matched #1 to #1 and so forth.

Most people start a pep helmet at the Visor and work out from there. You may start where ever you wish however. But I have peped out 2 helmets and the first I started at the visor found it to be easy and had minimal distortion.

The second I made in sections then tried fitting them together, found it was very difficult and had more distortion than the first. So in closing I would advise you to start at the visor and work outward from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started with the brim.. dunno if its easier to do so but thats how i did it.. fold the flaps to the flaps :) find tuts use the search bar :) gl

ok well one last thing i have to ask about the pep helm... it comes with a paper visor... so should i just go ahead and glue the paper visor and then after everything is finished go back and cut that part out and put in a real visor?

You need for support when resin and fiberglassing or else the helmet will warp. Cut it out when your done.

ok *sigh* Keep the paper visor in until you are done fiberglassing it. After you fiberglass it then cut the visor out and replace it with your real visor. The paper one is there to support the helmet so it doesn't warp under the fiberglass.

You can start anywhere you want, just don't get huge pieces.

As for the visor, don't cut it out. Only cut it out after you're done resining it and then cut it out before fiberglassing so it isn't a pain to get off.

Another tip would to not resin the paper visor at all. It's much easier to cut out.

Yes my armor is pep. I still had to cut alot of corners to get it done for Halloween. Most of my armor is not fiberglassed on the inside and there is no bondo on it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back