Hide your kids, hide your wives cus the tyranid swarm is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderboy196

I'm taking a big step into my first ever warhammer build. I decided to go with the tyranid swarm lord cus 1: I love the tyranid and their vast numbers of species 2: not much love is being shown for them. I have a feeling it gonna take me about 3-4ish months to finish this but I already started with making the head first

Attachments

• Swarmlord-1.jpg
    Swarmlord-1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 99120106022_TyranidSwarmLord360.jpg
    99120106022_TyranidSwarmLord360.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 148
  • qwkyzwi8sep71.jpg
    qwkyzwi8sep71.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 147
  • Swarmlord.png
    Swarmlord.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 138
I sense a lot of foam clay sculpting in your future. Good luck sir!

How big is he gonna be? I'm in the beginning stages of a genestealer that's about 7 1/2 to 8ft on the finished end. I've got digi grade stilts nearing completion for the dog leg look. The foam parts shouldn't be too much of a problem, it's the head. Not sure how to construct that bulbous melon. Post pics of your progress, I'll be watching close for inspiration!

How big is he gonna be? I'm in the beginning stages of a genestealer that's about 7 1/2 to 8ft on the finished end. I've got digi grade stilts nearing completion for the dog leg look. The foam parts shouldn't be too much of a problem, it's the head. Not sure how to construct that bulbous melon. Post pics of your progress, I'll be watching close for inspiration!
I will. I tried doing the head and man is it huge but its worth it. I think I'm having it be about my size but a tad bit bigger since in reality, a tyranid swarm lord/ hive tyrant, is 10ft, much bigger than a 7+ft space marine

I will. I tried doing the head and man is it huge but its worth it. I think I'm having it be about my size but a tad bit bigger since in reality, a tyranid swarm lord/ hive tyrant, is 10ft, much bigger than a 7+ft space marine
Are you gonna try any risers or stilts? Gotta get em off the ground a little bit just cuz. People tend to part like the Red Sea when you wear big stuff at the Cons, it's hilarious

Are you gonna try any risers or stilts? Gotta get em off the ground a little bit just cuz. People tend to part like the Red Sea when you wear big stuff at the Cons, it's hilarious
I have never tackle slits before at all so this is gonna be a first thing for me

I have never tackle slits before at all so this is gonna be a first thing for me
Same on my end. If I can pull this build off, I've got delusions of building a Hellbrute. Already got drywall stilts and prelim drawings for that. His body is roughly the size of a single door pick-up truck cab

Same on my end. If I can pull this build off, I've got delusions of building a Hellbrute. Already got drywall stilts and prelim drawings for that. His body is roughly the size of a single door pick-up truck cab
I know I'm need lots and lots of foam, contact cement, some stuff to make slits, and other things.

I know I'm need lots and lots of foam, contact cement, some stuff to make slits, and other things.
For the bulk of the foam, you can get upholstery foam pretty cheap. Rough cut your parts and cover with Eva. Joann's or Michaels have it fairly cheap here in the U.S. You can also catch good deals on spray adhesive on eBay. I've been checking around for material sources

For the bulk of the foam, you can get upholstery foam pretty cheap. Rough cut your parts and cover with Eva. Joann's or Michaels have it fairly cheap here in the U.S. You can also catch good deals on spray adhesive on eBay. I've been checking around for material sources
Then I will do so. So while I'm doing that, I'm also building a space marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back