Homeschoolers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in a bit of a predicament. I am in my grade 12 year, but due to REALLY stupid choices I have to redo my English 11, Math 11, and Science 11. I am homeschooling right now, but a recent event has made me re-consider going back to public schooling. I had a really bad flu, in Spring... Just before I got this bad virus, my family went out for a family dinner because we had not seen my older brother and his wife in a while.

The virus was not caused by food poisoning because it lasted about a month. I have been a home schooler since October 2008. I believe it was caused by the lack of getting out of the house. I am also feeling a need to interact with other human beings that aren't on XBL. For some reason, I am feeling unwilling to do my school work. When I first pull out my text book, I sit there for about 5 minutes trying to find a different reason not to do it, then I force myself to do it.

At first homeschooling was great in October but now I am barely getting myself to do the work, sometimes I can't even do it and just put it off for an hour.

My family is planning on moving this summer, and all public schools in my area are over crowded, so if we move I can get back into public school. I don't know if I am willing enough to complete 3 courses by June. If I don't complete them in time then I still have to drop them later when we move out of School District #36.

I know that I want to get back into public school, but then I would have to put in an extra year...

Thoughts and opinions?

I have been homeschooled since first grade. I love being homeschooled. For those of you that think you dont get any real life experience or friends if you are homeschooled, that is only true if you let it be true. No two homeschooled kids are the same. Sure, some kids let the fact that they are homeschooled define them, but if you dont want that then it doesn't have to be that way. I have too many friends to count and have a wonderful job as well. No one would ever guess that I'm homeschooled unless I tell them so myself, and usually people are really suprised when I do tell them. I go to a lot of the local highschool functions to support my friends in choir, football, basketball, etc. Also, being homeschooled has really given me a lot more free time to figure out what I love and what I want to be doing for the rest of my life. I don't think I'd be as interested in art and such if I homeschooling hadn't given me the oppourtunity to discover it.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back