How do you...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone :)
The last post I made was how to make a rocket launcher from halo reach...so its been a while. Anyways, im making my third halo 4 battle rifle, and I feel this is going to be the one that perfects it. My question is since I done make it again and again, how is it possible to make casts of it out of plastic? I know its possible, but i just don't know what materials to buy to do it. And i have tried to look for answers, but it wasnt there. If anybody's got an answer for this, PLEASE let me know, I'm dying to find out. All I know is you need to make a mold of it (DUH).

The above video is a great reference, I watched it myself when getting ready to mold my first helmet. I would recommend going to youtube and doing a search for mold making and viewing as many vids as possible. Keep in mind that mold making materials are expensive and you might want to try a small object first. Your probably going to want to do a two piece box mold for a rifle, which is going to require a lot of clay to build walls and a latex product such as rebound 25 from smooth on. I'm sure there are a lot of other products and methods, but do a lot of research before you go wasting a lot of money on materials. Again youtube is a great resource, or find someone willing to make the mold for you ;)

I agree. The materials are expensive. If you plan to make copies for your friends, or to sell your work. Go ahead. If you just want to make a helmet for wear, just stick with bondo.

I learned the process from Blackula and from Smooth-on videos. I separated my tutorials to 4 videos. I learned a lot during the process. I made a few errors and make sure you don't repeat what I did. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Inheritor95- Thanks for the link :) believe it or not, I'm already subscribed to that channel, so I've seen his whole tutorial on how to do that. I had no clue you had to do that same process for a gun! Well, at least I know it's the same process!
@gliderx64- Thanks for the advise! I will definitely research a lot more until I know how to do it in my sleep! You're right, it is a good reference!
@CoolC- Thanks for the videos! that helps me a lot! now I've got two different tutorials in my reach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back