How many members of the 405th are there compared to the 501st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed I am. Although if he keeps THAT kind of posting up, I'm gonna beat him with a wet noodle. :lol

I'm super excited to see you get your gear together, Marawuff and hopefully through increased social media by the 405th and the Regiments we can track down more Halo costumers who just don't know about us yet! Must get you some trooping buddies!

Well, promoting is cool, but in my homeland Poland Halo isn't popular... maybe because Microsoft always neglected the country and never even did subtitles for people to understand (as many people don't understand English). So maybe because of all these reasons many people don't know or don't recognize Halo. ^^
Gotta do some promo work. :B

You know she had been cooking that wet noodle for quite some time.........and its about the size of a Mac truck so...........better duck and cover

I just have to make sure my armour is done before ever meeting her in person!

"I'm just a witness"

Excellent idea. [emoji106]

"I'm just a witness"

jumped on to the 501st webpage, 8532 Active Members as of 01/19/2016 i dont think that counts inactive members or ones withour accounts. not bashing or saying anything bad also i was working on joining them

That's correct, eiros. That number only reflects the number of active and approved members. The number has nothing to do with forum registrations. On the main forum for the Legion, only approved members can have access. The home Garrisons and Detachments will all have areas that are open to the public, but those numbers are not at all reflected in that 8532. The number also does not reflect the members who are inactive or who have retired.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not exactly sure, although I'm sure there is a way to find that out, but I'd guess under 1,000.

how many active 405th-ers do you think we have?

If you're considering simply active forum-goers, then probably well over 1,000. However, since we're not actually at the stage yet to have costuming members officially approved and deployed as 'active', we don't have any official 'active' numbers.

With that said, I'd estimate that we have perhaps 500 fully-finished, ready-to-deploy costumers, regardless of costume quality. Again, those figures don't take into account those that have completed costumes and then gone inactive.

If you're considering simply active forum-goers, then probably well over 1,000. However, since we're not actually at the stage yet to have costuming members officially approved and deployed as 'active', we don't have any official 'active' numbers.

With that said, I'd estimate that we have perhaps 500 fully-finished, ready-to-deploy costumers, regardless of costume quality. Again, those figures don't take into account those that have completed costumes and then gone inactive.

This is what numbers I'd be interested in. How many active suits do we have completed vs. the 501st.

I figure the 501st has a lot more, simply because Star Wars has been around decades longer than Halo. But, the 501st has very strict guidelines to be accepted into their ranks. Still, I'm curious to see how many total suits each group has, that would be interesting!

I like both groups, but the 501st has a much better reputation for quality costumes- directly affected by their stringent approval process.
That's not to say that the 405th doesn't have costumes of equal or greater quality- just that most 501st costumes are pretty good by default if they've been approved.

There's something to be said for standards.

Total suits in the 501st? I did a little math from the categories on the 501st.com and for the 8532 (or so) active members, there are 15,091 approved costumes.

I would say the 500-800 suits are a good ballpark guesstimate in strength for the 405th currently. Such as I know just in Colonial we have about 20-30 wearable suited costumes. Beyond that...I know the Pacific has many more. Pacific and Austrailian are our two largest regiments currently. So if Pacific has 150 , and that is guessing large for them, and Aussies have 75, then giving all the other regiments at least 25 compleated suits, that gives you 8 regiments of 25 or so suits, and 150 and 75.... adds up to about 425 or so suits.

Now that total would be one suit per person. I know some people who have multiple suits.

In the 501st, I've made 4 costumes and I'm here building my first. Most of the people I know in my Garrison usually have at least 2 costumes. With the new Anovos kits you're about to see a lot more members of the 501st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back