How many of you guys would be interested in SPI armor?

SPI ARMOR, yes or no?

• Yes, I'd like some SPI armor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't think I'd want SPI armor

• Depends on the cost.

• Can we do EVA or COBRA instead?

• I'd rather delve into MC armor

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
adreniline said:
SPI WILL NOT BE IN HALO 3.

You are confusing it with EVA, which I think looks alot better.

No thats definalty SPI armour in that picture. It's off the front of Ghosts of Oynix

Last edited by a moderator:
While the EVA suit in H3 has a similar visor to SPI, it's not 100%, or really 90%, identical.

Maybe some people want to cospay as the Spartan III's 'cause there have been about 30x as many of them as Spartans IIs.

It'd be neat at conventions.... Teams in SPI armor "stalking" teams in Mjolnir IV-VII, Marines and ODSTs.... And vice versa in each case. Plus "mock battles" between Covenant cosplayers (if there ever are any besides that one Elite dude and Christi) and UNSC personnel.

Oh dear... we summoned the EVA -vs.- SPI argument again..

I'm not even going to get involved...

:bard:

Sean Bradley said:
Oh dear... we summoned the EVA -vs.- SPI argument again..

I'm not even going to get involved...

:bard:

And I will. Look below ( and forget about your argument on EVA/SPI for now )

Guys, the guy Ecks, who made the model hasn't responded to my PM, I will send him another. If he doesn't respond, then I will just have to work off of the pictures he's posted.

Hopefully he'll get back to me... :roll:

You may be better off sculpting the armor anyway. If you Pepkura'd this you'd still have to smooth the surface and round the corners.

It was worth it though to see if you could get something to build up from..

Indeed, although it would have been nice to have a 3d model in front of me while I was sculpting....I coulda turned it around and shown the detail and whatnot....oh well.

xalener said:
vaccum formed clear plastic with window tinting? That makes a bit more sence.

this makes perfect sense to me. take a piece of clear plastic sheeting, make the helmet sculpt and get the visor shape just right, then vacuum form the visor over your sculpt, simply apply some gold window tinting to the inside that has a nice mirror finish to it so that others cant see inside.

thats the best solution i can think of. to have two seperate visor connected would lead to problems with seams. well thats my input anyways

I dunno I personnaly am going to order a eva suit but when you think about it you get a better range of sight with the spi but the eva just looks so much cooler

Warmonger said:
I dunno I personnaly am going to order a eva suit but when you think about it you get a better range of sight with the spi but the eva just looks so much cooler

EVA is not being crafted at the moment as far as I know.

Ok THANK GOD you did'nt start the armor yet. I found this thread and I said WOAH lots of incorrect info here. Firstly, the SPI armor is supposed to be more flexible and easy to move in than any of the Marks. It also has an inherent active camo ability. Also, the rendering the guy did took LOTS of creative license because the SPI armor is supposed to have a more rounded organic shape. If you want direct quotes from the Ghosts of Onyx you'll have to wait because my friend borrwed mine. Oh, and the SPI is actually newer than the MARKS as it was developed for the Spartan IIIs. While its newer, its simpler, to cut down on cost. I recommend you read the Ghosts of Onyx, and make your own sketches on top of his as his armor doesn't capture what SPI is all about. BTW I'm a Halo universe expert so if you need any book info, I'm da man.

just a question. how do Daft Punk see out of their helmets? do the LEDS have like little holes between them? and its not a solid wall of LEDS?

hey, like to see how yours will turn out. i've got a pair of shoulders done. Check out my thread when theres the pic update.

Rocknrollcows said:
just a question. how do Daft Punk see out of their helmets? do the LEDS have like little holes between them? and its not a solid wall of LEDS?

There are two versions, one with LEDs they wear to show off in and one without that's easier to see through they wear when they play.

Back on topic: is mirrored window film stretchy? I think that's the only thing that could theoretically keep it from working for any of these oddly shaped, mirrored visors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back