How To Make Gears Of War Cog Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulture

I just found this tutorial on how to make awesomely realistic cog tags from gears of war, heres the link. Ill try to make some eventually and post pictures

http://gearsofwarforum.net/forum/showthread.php?p=89809

cogstepsvr5.jpg

muffinman868 said:
Sick!! i was just thinking about making those the other day. What type of saw did you use?

Coping saw. Why don't you just click the link provided in the first post? :cautious:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont wanna sound like an idiot, but i havent played gears of war. Is Cogs the name of the soldiers? or what?

I wanna make one of those.

Spartan857 said:
I dont wanna sound like an idiot, but i havent played gears of war. Is Cogs the name of the soldiers? or what?

I wanna make one of those.
Gears= the organization

Cogs= the soldiers

COG: Coalition of Ordered Governments

Sera was engulfed in a huge war shortly before Emergence Day. Humanity had to completely unite (and live on a single, solid rock plateau) in order to survive, so the various governments entered into a military alliance.

Or something like that. I'm a little rusty on my Gears knowledge. :D

xalener said:
Gears= the organization

Cogs= the soldiers

Garland said:
COG: Coalition of Ordered Governments

Sera was engulfed in a huge war shortly before Emergence Day. Humanity had to completely unite (and live on a single, solid rock plateau) in order to survive, so the various governments entered into a military alliance.

Or something like that. I'm a little rusty on my Gears knowledge. :D

Ok cool. If I or one of my friends had a 360 I would have played this. And i could have looked it up lol.
Iam still gunna make a Cog tag, they look too cool to not make one.

PSberetta said:
One of the guys at work made me these. They were milled out of 1/4 inch aluminum on a CNC mill.

Lucky you.

Spawn Camp3r said:
what ever happened to standard dog tags a gear just doesn't make since, but cool none the less.

The reason for the gears are because the COG soldiers are called Gears. Also the name of the game is obviously Gears of War. So yeah... it does make sense.

C 4468 said:
I just found this tutorial on how to make awesomely realistic cog tags from gears of war, heres the link. Ill try to make some eventually and post pictures

If you make some, you ought to do a run, I'd put my name on the list. ;)

Spawn Camp3r said:
what ever happened to standard dog tags a gear just doesn't make since, but cool none the less.

Shut up. Shut the hell up. (loljk)

But really...

Why is masterchief green? It's not very good cameoflauge.

Why is spiderman red and blue? Have you ever seen a spider that has those colors?

Why do we use keyeboards? There are probably plenty of other methods of synthesizing text in a computer.

You know why?

Because it's cool. No other reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back