how to take fiberglass off brushes

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF you want your resin to be smooth, use a new brush every time or every other time you resin/glass, I usually cut the tip off my brushes and use the middle to resin, I get 1-2 uses per brush

you really cant. once you use it its done. throw it away. i found some 1 and 1/2 inch brushes at lowes for 76 cents. very cheap and very good. buy like 20 of them its worth it

cheaper to go with a lot of cheapo walmart brushes. dont use sponge brushes they'll suck up a ton of resin and fall apart coz resin is so heavy. get the $0.50 brushes in paint dept at walmart.

I know Ace Hardware sells assorted sizes of brushes for around 79c. They have them in varying sizes all the way down to 29c. I'll go check Wal Mart for those cheap prices right now actually...

i just got back from there earlier today, 50c for the cheapest brushes. STAY AWAY from sponge brushes, i've only had problems out of then. the thick sponge brushes are good for accent painting and latex, but no good for resin, they suck up wayyyy too much resin and get heavy and fall apart.

yea, sponge brushes suck up too much resin.

just get those dollar store

brushes... there is essentially no difference between the brush at the $ store and the ones at homedepot unless your painting....

u guys can stop responding to this unless others need this thread because i finished my suit a while back so i dont need any tips on how to take fiberglass off brushes.

look on the bright side:
you can use them as throwing weapons once the resin cures, making the fibers rock hard :D

But Acetone will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back