I am really new to this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanJon117

I've done cosplays before, but with pre-made, bought materials. I'm younger and really love Halo, I'm not lazy or anything it's just I'm really skeptical that I'll be able to make a cosplay by hand-making it. My whole family works so I doubt they'll be able to help with it except for a couple hours of the making. So I need help... of course I mean help on figuring out how to do things and I'm quite confused. People keep on saying it's SUPER easy but I see people in such detailed armor and they say all you need is patience, and I have that it's just I'm not confident. My idea of what armor I WANT to make is down below. I can't find any templates of this so if I absolutely cannot make this "custom" set if you would call it that I've some Halo 3 MJOLNIR templates with a Hayabusa helmet and crown.

Front: https://gyazo.com/ce56d4ea656bbc0bb2e7ea8a17091645
Back: https://gyazo.com/66ebc3966b80e5534c1255a6d8df3843

I've done cosplays before, but with pre-made, bought materials...

Welcome to the 405th, Spartan.

Every beginner feels daunted by the processes involved, but with patience comes experience.
To start off with, I suggest watching this video by Indy Mogul. It may be 7 years old, but I watched it back then and it taught me the basics and where to start.

With your desired armour, it looks to be a mix of a H4 Mk. 6 Helmet and a new Halo 5 body. I have seen this in the game but cannot remember it's designation. If you find out the exact names of the armour and search them in the File Archive above, you can get the Pepakura files. However, I do suggest starting off with something really basic so you can understand the process first. I'd say the Halo 2 ODST helmet. It's very simple.

If you have any more questions, I'm happy to answer them.

Welcome :D

FirstI suggest reading topic and tutorials on different things, here are surely quite few very helpful topics.

@ODST Stryder, it's GEN1 helmet from Halo 2 and 3, just with slight refresh by 343i. It's pretty same as it was by Bungie, so you can find it in the Halo 3 file archive.

The amror it'self... It's HELLCAT variant. Halo 5 has been out for short time, so there are models pulled out from the game and slowly they get converted to fit pepakura. But, these are the popular models from Osiris and Blue Team first... and then others, so it isn't good news - it can take months until someone will do the Hellcat. :(

I'd suggest looking in the File Archive. There are very few files from Halo 5, but you may like something... But there are plenty of armors in Halo 4, you may find something in there.
All these Halo 4 armor is in Halo 5, they just added some new armors and helmets to them, but they are in Halo 5 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back