i began my armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8er4life

So i just started my armor tday and got the chest/back piece almost finished. I need help on the towers. Tell me what you think! :)

I think he's alluding to how choppy and short your sentences were. Perhaps a clarification of "towers" would have helped.

But all in all, keep going. You're at the beginning, so while it's taking the rough shape, it's still not refined enough yet for criticism (in my opinion).

It's okay, so long as the finished product is what you want it to be, how you got there is irrelevant.

I knew what you meant by towers, I was just making sure it was a global understanding.

Do you have any tipson it? I plan on making sharpie detain. I getteng help from my mom so it shouldnt stink.

sorry to double post, but i got a progress pic! :lol: I built towers and the front looked a little to plain to me so i cut out a little triangle.

(sorry about the bad pics...its all from my phone.)

Tell me what you think! :whistle:

iamyourcousin228 said:
sorry to double post, but i got a progress pic! :lol: I built towers and the front looked a little to plain to me so i cut out a little triangle.
(sorry about the bad pics...its all from my phone.)

Tell me what you think! :whistle:

Nice keep up the work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Im stumped on the arms/legs and how to get spray paint to stick to tape. Anyone have a good 3d pic of there cardboard all of the arms and legs. And i made a belt out of coke boxes since my trash people cam and took the other card board away. :(

sorry. But i wanted to know if i buy resin can i just apply it to cardboard and let it harden then paint? Or is there some kind of other stuff i need to purchase aside from resin?

I got to continue my armor. I got the upper arms and lower legs almost finished. Here are some pics. Its hard to get card board to be equal in size so i did the best i could. I had to resort to coke bottles since the trash people came and took all of the good cardboard. But its semms to work fine.

I got the lower legs and upper arms almost done. They are small because i am small so it works out. Due to how hard it is to get cardboard to look even i did the best i could. Here are some pics of the belt, lower legs, upper arms. Tell me what you think

if its duct tape, ive heard that it flakes off, which is ok beacause then you get a battled look. if it's packing tape or anything like that, it will flake off really easily. (i've tried it) if its electricle tape, it will never dry, it will just stay sticky, which isn't good because if you touch it, it will make a print of you finger prints, or it will stain other things.

sinjiki said:
Dude i used tape dont do my mistake my armour fell apart.I suggest you use Hot glue gun.

Indeed. Paint and tape don't get along. Whip out the ol' glue gun like sinjiki suggested or resin over the cardboard to seal it up :)

(Btw, Painter's Tape is made for quick release. It's supposed to peel off of surfaces easily so if you build something with it, expect it to collapse in about 2 mins hehe)

G'luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back