I dont get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

PY Sneaky

I'm completely new to all of this, I do not get where i get the molds, or the stuff to make em, where to get specs for the molds if i am making them and the materials and the face plate. Please help the poor little noob.

You make the molds yourself, you seem like a small kid, so I wouldnt be making armor if your like 11-12 years old, especially mold making which even adults have some trouble with sometimes.

You could try making armor from pepakura too, cheaper and a bit easier. Still cost around 100 dollars though.

Im 13. will be 14 in 20 days. I am doing cardboard and buying sme of the harder pieces. My suit will be a westerfields helm a cardboard chest, molded upper legs, lower arms, and shoulders. It will look good for the most part i think

Yeah they will, But eventually i plan on having it all molded and stuff. I just want to take it one step at a time. Im planing on getting a westerfields chest/back piece and a belt sometime and the lower legs. Then it will be molded and some westerfields. But i only have a helmet and chest now. I plan on getting some shoulders, lower arms and upper legs soon. Not to long after that i will get a westerfields back/chest piece and lower legs from somwhere. I want to buy a belt to and then it will be a molded suit except for the helm and chest. I hope it wont look to bad. Anyone with photoshop willing to put that together and post a pic so i can see an outcome?

iamyourcousin228 said:
Yeah they will, But eventually i plan on having it all molded and stuff. I just want to take it one step at a time. Im planing on getting a westerfields chest/back piece and a belt sometime and the lower legs. Then it will be molded and some westerfields. But i only have a helmet and chest now. I plan on getting some shoulders, lower arms and upper legs soon. Not to long after that i will get a westerfields back/chest piece and lower legs from somwhere. I want to buy a belt to and then it will be a molded suit except for the helm and chest. I hope it wont look to bad. Anyone with photoshop willing to put that together and post a pic so i can see an outcome?

Are'nt you worried you'll grow out of it?

I'm 16 and making my own armor and if I do end up growing out of it I'll just sell it then make some more but you mighthave problems selling it since Westerfield Studios made it. But hey, Idk about that kinda buying something some ppl made then selling it yourself stuff so don't take my word on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Acr1d said:
Are'nt you worried you'll grow out of it?

I'm 16 and making my own armor and if I do end up growing out of it I'll just sell it then make some more but you mighthave problems selling it since Westerfield Studios made it. But hey, Idk about that kinda buying something some ppl made then selling it yourself stuff so don't take my word on it.

No. I am buying it from a adult so it will fit me rather big. I plan on having it for a while. If its mad efor and adult it will fit me for awhile. I dont plan on resale either. If by some chance i HAVE to sell it the pieces i bought from people on here i will offer it back to them. And if they dont want it i would see if anyone on here does. I am not selling it though. And i can keep it for good fun memories. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let you know.

You claim your buying your suit from westerfields and parts from other people, everyone scales their suits different, so your not going to have a accurate suit, you;ll get the chief with huge shoulders and arms, small torso, and skinny legs. It's better to buy all the molded pieces from the same person.

You have a point. But idk. When i get older and some money i will end up molding the rest of my stuff. Its just my mom is not wanting to spend to much money. I want to end up building some molded armor when i get older. but for now it wont matter. Or when i get older i might just buy a suit for money who knows. It all depends if i am still really interested in making this stuff.

Buying armor in pieces is really expensive, stormtrooper armor isnt very detailed, yet building a arm/ shoulder cost like 100 dollars. AND THATS VACUUM FORMED.

If buying a molding from silicon of the chief's arm, your going to look at 200+ dollars...maybe...maybe less...but it isnt cheap at all, theres people occasionally selling molds or cast's of chief's armor parts, the torso I saw once, sold for 400, and a foot piece for around 70.

Buying piece by piece will cost you 1000 to 2000 dollars.

Westerfield's save money because they use plaster molds which can be reused over and over and over and can be easily vacuum formed quickly.

I see. Im sorry frost if i made you mad. I am young so i have limited resources. I am looking in to westerfields suit no helm kit. I might get this when i get a little older. Or i might buy a molded one. I am seeing if i can get some cardboard armor from a place. But i am concerned if Adams painting tech. will work on it. Do you know if it will?

If I can use adam's tutorial for painting on my pep armor and make it work, then you can make it work on a westerfield suit.

I just think a stormtrooper kit for 350 is better than buying a westerfield mc kit for 700, both unfinished.

But, westerfield's suit is good, so it depends on what you want. If you can paint it good, you can "improve" the quality of their armor.

usually people who get kits from westerfield just paint the suit 1 color, they dont battle damage it or anything, this makes the suit look cheap, a good paintjob can make a suit look 1 million bucks, especially when it comes time you have a better suit, and sell the old one on ebay..........then there comes the big bucks.

I am painting my westerfields helm with adams paint tech. Will i look like o retart if i have a westerfield helm with cardboard for the rest? I like mc better. I was a stromtrooper for haloween when i was like 5. The Dv at 6. I had all of these play plastic helms of them. I can get you some pics of me in them if you would like. And i am goin to make the paintjob look a million bucks. ;)

Yes it will look weird, because you have a nice smooth plastic armor pieces here and there, and the torso in the middle looks "cheap" compared to the rest of the suit, and adam's paintjob, painting the entire suit of armor takes more than 1 can of everything, for me, I spent 50 dollars in base coats, then the main color, and black/hamemred silver, the black and silver only took 1 can of each color, but the rest took 2-3 cans to do the entire suit.

I am not concerned about the cost of paint. But will a nice paint job make up for the fact that its cardboard with a westerfields helm? I think it will end up looking ok if its the same color. And if i did buy some cardboard armor only the helm will be plastic. I am goin to buy the orengano color and then the dark grey primer stuff with the hammered stuff. What do you mean black? i though you just used the original with the primer and do the cloth then hammered stuff. I didnt know there was black involved. Explain please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back