=( I feel bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went back, realised that in my n00bishness, I didn't check to see that there were more detailed PEP models available, I downloaded the helm and torso files made by flying squirl. I was amazed by the difference in detail, but more importantly, I realised that I am already waiting for my second layer of resin to dry on my helm, and my first layer on the chest piece, and I just now find out about more detailed models. I am trying to get the best results I can in a one-shot go, so I would of used the most detailed thing available if I had known before-hand. But now I am sort of debating whether I should just restart those parts, can I get that same level of detail by sanding and using some stuff like the body filler later on? Or is it too late now?

I would say no

Your probably looking at slyfos models v. flying squirrels.

depending on the fiberglass and bondo job you do, you honestly wont know the difference.

if your good with bondo/fiberglass, it will look how you want with some work, if your less confident at filler and more confident with cardstock.. might want to restart... but honestly you can make it work, or just make two suits

ok then, I will just finish, but uh, what is there to the fiber-glassing? It's just laying up strips right? Or is it hard to do? Havn't really gotten there yet so I wouldn't know.

Lightly glue strips of cloth so it covers the entire INSIDE. Then just put a heavy coal of resin over them, so they're completely soaked.

the fiberglass isn't so bad, the shaping it with a sander for detail is the part that takes skill (since you'll be adding detail since your peparuka isnt as detailed as you like)

but its not hard to get good at quick, and, in worst case scenarios you can just add a new layer and sand again

PillowFire said:
.... But now I am sort of debating whether I should just restart those parts, can I get that same level of detail by sanding and using some stuff like the body filler later on? Or is it too late now?

no, its not too late. dont start on my one if your that far on the others. theres no point. you will get the same result in the end. i just did mine for myself so i could speed up the sanding process but it slows you in the assembling and fiberglassing stage because of its complexity. i dont want to discurrage you from using my model but if your already on the second layer of resin you probibly wont save too much time by doing mine. keep up the good work and show us a few w.i.p. pics. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the exact same problem. It's very frustrating but i say flying squirrel is right. If you work hard at it, it can look just as good if not better than if you had used his model. His design is amazing compared to some of the others, but if you put alot of time and care into the final stages noone would know the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back