I got a flat!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Malevelus

Ok, my first mistake,...

I used an already damaged AR, Heres a hint:(DONT LET THE KIDS PLAY HALO WITH YOUR PEP MODEL!!!)
OK, nuf said there,

Then to make matters worse I got caught in mid project on the dining room table with dinner about to go down, (wife wasnt happy)

So I made the biggest mistake of all,.... I rushed it and litterally poured approximately 2 full tubes of silicone on the mold without having layed a coat of resin on it first.
Heres my cake

Looks yummy dont it?!!!

:lol:

Please everybody coat your pep models with a coat of resin prior to doing any molding, they just arent strong enough, even for a coat of RTV.

Everybody, you can start the laughing now! Its ok to point! LOL

really great idea, understandably rushed...but hey we all gotta learn somehow?

how were you planning on keeping the silicone from deforming once you pulled it away from the part? plaster or something?

redhead3031 said:
really great idea, understandably rushed...but hey we all gotta learn somehow?

how were you planning on keeping the silicone from deforming once you pulled it away from the part? plaster or something?

I covered the entire PEP model with laquer, then with pam cooking spray, then blotted dry. It really works well as a release agent.

Glad I could hlep with the b-day cake idea. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Darth-Malevelus said:
I covered the entire PEP model with laquer, then with pam cooking spray, then blotted dry. It really works well as a release agent.

Glad I could hlep with the b-day cake idea. LOL
Wow that sucks. I would have been so pissed if i did that to mine. So are you gonna start over or try to save it.

Last edited by a moderator:
it depends on how it comes out once its split open. Im going to carve it in half nose to tail so basically just splt it open from top to bottom if it were sitting upright. so it will open like a book.

If it lays right Im going to use some spray foam to reinforce it to hold its shape, then lay in some of my new resin, and see how it comes out. If its all screwy Ill just redo it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back