I Have Taken The Plunge

Status
Not open for further replies.

droobs

Hello, I am a newly registered user to the community but I am definitely not a stranger to this website! I've been at this for 2 weeks now and finally thought I was ready to start after reading through most of the tutorials available on this site. AWESOME RESOURCE! A friend of mine and I have decided that we are going to build the Mark VI armor from Halo 3.

I started by trying to use a bone-folder instead of pens--bad idea, by the time I was 40 - 50% done, I tossed it.

Second attempt, everything went great using pens for the folds but I scaled it back about 10% too far.

This weekend I had a good lot of free time and the Third attempt WENT PERFECT!

These are the pics of the final helmet (3rd attempt)

[attachment=14181:1222090807.jpg]

[attachment=14182:1222090808.jpg]

[attachment=14183:1222090808a.jpg]

Let me know what you think.

It looks pretty awesome for a third attempt! I've actually yet to start mine... Haha, but good luck with the rest of the suit!

LOL I should mention that I am a graphic designer so I have college level paper handling training... HAHAHAHA anyways, I'm happy with the build, vs. the other complete helmet. I was able to take my time and this one has great symmetry. Any flaws should come right out in the bondo/sanding process. My bud that I am doing this alongside has great experience with bondo/fiberglass and resin becuase he was in the auto-body business for a few years. I'm looking forward to those processes, but we are waiting until the springtime so we can do the heavy chemical stuff outside. In the meantime, we have a few months to get everything pepped and ready for fiberglass and bondo. Next up for me is the Arms, Hands, Legs, Feet, Space Diaper, and Chest -- In that order.

Welcome to the forums bro!

That is a nice helmet you got there. Can't wait to see it completed.

-Pony

@ landofthespartan:

I know, I went numberless and referenced the computer screen as I built -- It worked for me better than reading all those damn little numbers. Considering the complexity of the helmet, I think I'll keep going this way because most of the other parts are considerably easier as far as parts are concerned.

@ HaloFreakX

I've been debating whether or not support pieces would be necessary, it seems I see more and more posts where people are saying they definitely are. I'm probably going to add those supports as well as use some giftbox cardboard to build up little detail areas like pooper's latest helmet.

@ everyone

Thanks for the support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back