i need help with cooling fans and led lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

locostorm

Jr Member
hi for my first suit i want to put in lights and possibly cooling fans. what is the best way to do said things? if it helps i am making a RvB caboose costume. Mk 5 helmet if you don't know who caboose is.

Lights and fans a pretty easy if your just doing a basic switch on switch off from individual switch points in each piece of your armor, and depending on how confident with basic electronics and soldering you are. If not to keen on wirring up from scratch, there are a number of ways you could go about putting lights in. You could find some small compact lights already wired and housed , eg small torches or lighting from cheep toys. Maybe working out some way to mount them inside the suit or even taking them apart but leaving the electronic s intact and find a way to mount them then. But personely I thinks wiring from scratch with light and fan kits or separate componants is a cheep clean and tidy way and it's more customizable. Small computer fans are also pretty simple to hook up to batteries and switches.

Like what Sierra said its just planning it think of it as if you was tony stark draw your base build and draw where you want to put fans and them compromise to a reality thats how i do all my builds

I am adding lights and fans to my Halo 4 MC build. Using small computer fans I have laying around. As for a battery I am thinking of using an rc rx battery.

Just take a read through the Help: for electronics thread! Everything you need to know is in there, and there is a ton of good info shared by other members.

I agree with what everyone said. I think learning how to wire LED's and fans from scratch is the way to go. I mean, you already took the time to work on your armor, why not take the extra step in learning a bit about electronics? lol. I'm doing the same and its actually quite fun. Youtube can be very helpful as well as Google. So yeah, just give it a shot. :thumbsup

I agree with what everyone said. I think learning how to wire LED's and fans from scratch is the way to go. I mean, you already took the time to work on your armor, why not take the extra step in learning a bit about electronics? lol. I'm doing the same and its actually quite fun. Youtube can be very helpful as well as Google. So yeah, just give it a shot. :thumbsup
I actually know a bit about electronics. But thanks for the tip.

You know those cheap book reading lights from the dollar store? (they look like this) I have 4 of those in my helmet (and they are a buck a piece, super cheap). Dremel the plastic off so its smaller or just leave as is if you have the room for them.

For fans, I have 2 of these Cheap, and work great. I have them hooked up to two 9volts

i use those cheap finger lights for kids and glue them in my build! i glue them strong enough to stay in but weak enough to be wiggled out when they need to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back