i need help with the visor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my visors off of Ebay here. You'll need to trim the ends off of them (with a dremel) to get them to fit nicely. You can get two if you want to do the dual visor look (tutorial here).

For some reason I can't start a new topic, so I picked this one because it pertains to my question. What should I use to fill in parts of my helm so it fits in a stationary position. I was thinking of just hot gluing black cloth in parts so it will eventually fit snug. I want to do this on the cheap, so please dont tell me to go out and buy some off the wall super expensive mink fur thing. Thanks!

dacacheman said:
For some reason I can't start a new topic, so I picked this one because it pertains to my question. What should I use to fill in parts of my helm so it fits in a stationary position. I was thinking of just hot gluing black cloth in parts so it will eventually fit snug. I want to do this on the cheap, so please dont tell me to go out and buy some off the wall super expensive mink fur thing. Thanks!

You pretty much got it right. Packing foam sheet, styrofoam sheet, anything soft and thin works great.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea im wondering the same thing... because i just finished fiberglassing the first layer of my helm. and plan to do another 2 but i dont want to spend like 20 bucks on motorcycle helmet padding lol

dacacheman said:

That's exactly what you're supposed to do. Thanks.

I know i posted this in the Questions post, but it seems this might return answers faster. I am in the process of building an EVA helm and I am not sure what might be the best solution for the visor for this helmet.

Is there a cheaper ebay store? 50 dollars for a double layer is not exactly what I had in mind when I chose to make a pepakura suit.

joshua61991 said:
Is there a cheaper ebay store? 50 dollars for a double layer is not exactly what I had in mind when I chose to make a pepakura suit.
more like $100 and over for a double visor

I bought my visor from flyin brians deals too, and trust me, if you find a cheaper gold visor it'll be by about $2? if you're lucky

I bought both my visors, for $64 dollars after tax, at a local motor cycle shop... but I live in Houston, TX, and the availability of such things drives there prices down... supply and damand... your best bet is to buy two visors, from one vendor, off Ebay if I were not some where I could just go pick one up...

And to the EVA HELM, wow, how that will ever have a decent looking visor is beyond me, but if you look there are raised edges, like a doubled MK VI visor, if you could find something large enough and rounded like that, you may be able to tint it with gold reflective window tint, but do it in sections, using the rasied or doubled parts to hide the cuts... but I haven't tried this, but if I were to try, thats how I would go at it... but I will never try sry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back