i need personal help ima noob s much as i hate 2 say it

Status
Not open for further replies.

yungblaze142k6

ook now here it is i c every one knows what there doing and i dont even kow were to start see i c eceryone making helmets and parts for there suit and how they use silicon molds or what ever on youtube but the thing i neeeed to know is how in da hell do you get those molds from the beginingg like i know i have to have a silicon mold and than i can poor two different liquid plastics to make that very speial on but i dont know how to make the molds or anything so if any one can post some things up here to help me or if anyone can just sell me there silicon molds or something id apreciate it and let it not be over 3o or so cuz im sure u guys can make more easily plus i do have to buy other things and im not rich soo please any help at al email:yungblaze142k6@aol.com thanx dudes :lol:

Proper molding silicone is fairly expensive as well as casting resin.

It would be about $300 worth of materials to make a proper mold of a helmet.

There are no shortcuts in that regard. I ruined my M6D conversion kit trying to do that so I speak from experience.

Sigma-LS said:
Proper molding silicone is fairly expensive as well as casting resin.

It would be about $300 worth of materials to make a proper mold of a helmet.

There are no shortcuts in that regard. I ruined my M6D conversion kit trying to do that so I speak from experience.
wtf im sure there is a cheaper way than that like im seeing sum things here about making it outta paper or what not like its not so much the helmet im worried about becausei see many varities of what i can do but its the rest of the body im looking at

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you asked about molding materials... :cautious:

Pepakura is a whole 'nother story. Check the sticky's in the Pepakura forum for the info you seek.

And please take the time to use proper grammar and spelling as it's a lot easier to understand what you're asking. (just warning you before the mods do)

reverse molding,

make a duplicae of the object, or just use the origional, make a mold of it ,(made from somethin soft so it wont damage your origional), cast a temporary one out of the mold u just made, usually this is made from plaster, or something easily dissolved with water, correct any imperfections on the temp object, make a new mold,use liquid plastic or somethin strong that can take alot of wear like epoxy resin(which would have adhered itself to your origional and ruined it), cut mold symetrically in half when dry, run water over epoxy mold to get plaster duplicate out, then recast as many times as u want with new mold

(just use cookin spray or some lubricant before molding to avoid tearing or damaging cast object on removal from mold)

this is what i used to make a couple suits of armor and diffferent weps, and it was cheap for me to do it.

but if u want a cheap way, just use pepakura to make ur armor then fiberhglass it alot, one coat on the outside so it wont round off the features and a couple coats on the inside.... then paint and clear coat, or get clear dryin resin and coat the helmet to waterproof and really put a tough protective coating over the paint.

W1D0MAK3R said:
reverse molding,

make a duplicae of the object, or just use the origional, make a mold of it ,(made from somethin soft so it wont damage your origional), cast a temporary one out of the mold u just made, usually this is made from plaster, or something easily dissolved with water, correct any imperfections on the temp object, make a new mold,use liquid plastic or somethin strong that can take alot of wear like epoxy resin(which would have adhered itself to your origional and ruined it), cut mold symetrically in half when dry, run water over epoxy mold to get plaster duplicate out, then recast as many times as u want with new mold

(just use cookin spray or some lubricant before molding to avoid tearing or damaging cast object on removal from mold)

this is what i used to make a couple suits of armor and diffferent weps, and it was cheap for me to do it.
but if u want a cheap way, just use pepakura to make ur armor then fiberhglass it alot, one coat on the outside so it wont round off the features and a couple coats on the inside.... then paint and clear coat, or get clear dryin resin and coat the helmet to waterproof and really put a tough protective coating over the paint.
ok but i dont have an object to use in the first place im all the way at the bottom with no materialsor prior experience but im not asking anyone to hold my hand i just want to b pointed in the direction i asked for das all

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and my dad were talking today about molding and stuff and he told me about this thing called Plasterapothis or something like that and you can take a peice of a PEP helmet or something like that and dip it in this stuff and it starts to harden and basicly makes the entire thing into plaster and youd just keep adding layers until it was pretty thick. He also mentioned something called Goz, I dont know what it is though. Me and my dad are gonna discuss about it tommorow..

Insperation please stop making multiple threads asking for help... pick one thread and stay with it.

You're cluttering up the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back