I need some help

ChattyStick

Hello guys im trying to do a odst costume out of foam with pepakura, but the files that ive found its seems that its missing some parts like the chest piece for example, it will be a big help is someone could send the full armor.

Just address a few questions:
- ODST from which game?
- What parts are you seeing missing?

The Halo 3: ODST armor uses the "Base" armor as the core piece, and has the other pieces attach to it, for example.

Our Files in the Armory, for the Halo 3 style ODST, have all items included:

Just address a few questions:
- ODST from which game?
- What parts are you seeing missing?

The Halo 3: ODST armor uses the "Base" armor as the core piece, and has the other pieces attach to it, for example.
- halo 3 odst armor
- the chest piece
1699903058816.png

Im trying to do it on foam with the files from the armory (HALO 3: ODST - UNCS ODST).
Is my first time using pepakura

Attachments

• 1699902893384.png
    1699902893384.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 32
Our Files in the Armory, for the Halo 3 style ODST, have all items included:
thanks, do you know if theres a guide for the armor?

Ah, the top plate. Unless I'm missing something, it's not included in the Armory foam files. I've attached my copy of the chest plate foam file from 2016, but I have no idea when/where I got it.

This shows how the whole chest would come together:
1: halo-3-odst-unsc-odst-torso-foam
2: halo-3-odst-unsc-odst-torso-side-foam (mirrored to other side as well)
3: nightshade-chestplate-foam (attached to reply)
4: halo-3-odst-unsc-odst-chest-foam
Screenshot_7.jpg

As far as a guide, I'd recommend searching the forum for "ODST" and "Foam" to see other members running threads on their own builds. There are also threads covering the basics of foam, and how to use pepakura files for foam. Don't be afraid to pass through threads on non-ODST foam builds. Alot of the concepts transfer, and the Marine especially shares a similar construction.

Some examples:
Fallen/Random Ranger's Foam Guide: Foam Guide
SierraEdict's First Build: First Build - ODST - EVA Foam
Spidermonkey's Marine speed build (foam) Foam - Halo 3 Marine Speedbuild
Fallen's Marine Pilot: Foam - H3 Hornet Pilot - V1 Complete

Attachments

• H3 odst by nightshade chestplate - foam.pdo
    158 KB · Views: 64
The Armory files do not have a specific Foam file for the chest plate, as since it is compromised of such large, flat pieces in the normal Pepakura files, most members are able to use it for Foam with no issues, and even when someone went in and did a Foam optimized unfold of it, it did not really change anything in the file or part layout.

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back