I Need Visor solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven2751

Jr Member
been looking at spartan419's helmet apart from buying a motorcycle visor any1 got any ideas what else i could use (i live in the UK so no Wallmart)

some dude was talkign about the cover of a blank cd spindle. sounds like a good idea but not sure how i w9ould tint it. ppl talk about cheap tint, but ive looked everywhere for it cant find it. i may just spraypaint it gold and leave two dots unpainted to see thru

Here you go:

Visor tint

These are the one's I've ordered. Hopefully it will stick to a sheet of acetate which I can cut to a visor and then use a second piece of acetate for the 'dual visor'
Any art and hobby shop worth its salt will sell acetate

thanks they do amber coloured ones aswell but the visor needs to be copper coloured

might have to do with gold though as it has the closest effect

I would also like to know where I can find a visor for my helmet. I live in Canada so I DO have wal-mart. Sorry if this was in a previous thread that I didn't come across, thanks.

Also, on a somewhat unrelated note, I would like to know where to get some kind of black body armor that fits underneath the outfit that doesn't result in wearing a black shirt and pants. I want the people who see me on the street go all like "Wtf."

By the way... this site owns face...

I used a full faceshield replacement for my ODST helmet. Here's how it turned out:

[attachment=569:p1010514.JPG]

Zarriph-187 said:
I would also like to know where I can find a visor for my helmet. I live in Canada so I DO have wal-mart. Sorry if this was in a previous thread that I didn't come across, thanks.

Also, on a somewhat unrelated note, I would like to know where to get some kind of black body armor that fits underneath the outfit that doesn't result in wearing a black shirt and pants. I want the people who see me on the street go all like "Wtf."

By the way... this site owns face...

for the body armour i'm looking at a black boiler suit that might work

Last edited by a moderator:
I found some visors on Westerfield Armor's site. They're kinda crappy. D:

I think I'll get one anyway, then remove it later when I can get a better visor made.

got a better idea for the visor now

just need 2 motorcycle visors joined together with the top one cut with the gold film on the inside of the bottom one

raven2751 said:
got a better idea for the visor now

just need 2 motorcycle visors joined together with the top one cut with the gold film on the inside of the bottom one
Thanks How can I make I better?

sry uk guy this one not for u my moms bf sed at walmart they have a gold se thru foil so im going to chek it out so dont go off and buy 1 yet ok hope it works this my first time makeing armor and idont no how to make molds or plastic vacum stuff so if u will send me a email now a pm it would be best thx

rvb24 said:
sry uk guy this one not for u my moms bf sed at walmart they have a gold se thru foil so im going to chek it out so dont go off and buy 1 yet ok hope it works this my first time makeing armor and idont no how to make molds or plastic vacum stuff so if u will send me a email now a pm it would be best thx

Can you repost that in proper Englishes grammar? I would love to help you, but i cant help you if i cant read it..

Because the helmet is going to be what everyone's looking at, I'd spend the $30 to get at least one gold-mirrored lens (available on Ebay, just search for "HJC gold" or some such). It looks good, and you're not fumbling with gold foil/CD case/I cobbled this together at the last minute from all the spiderwebs in my basement!, etc.

It's definitely worth it, even for cardboard armor, if that's what you're doing.

the way im doing it is cuting up a bunch of soda bottles to the write sise and covering it in a yellow paint pen to give it that yellowish glow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back