I won a Halo sweepstakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiTechKeyes

In December 2021 I took part in the Swarovski x Halo sweepstake
The Authenticity Verification Odyssey
On this Friday 02/25/2022, I received an email with the subject "You've won the Halo x Swarovski Sweepstakes.".
At first I was very suspicious because everyone gets similar-sounding spam mails at least weekly. Until I realized that this is very specific and I had registered for a similar-sounding competition, but last year. Because I love Halo very much, I was like, 'Okay, the worst thing that can happen is you embarrass yourself on the phone in front of strangers, so try it'. So I called the Swarovsik office in Austria.
The lady I reached was willing to help, but unfortunately she couldn't help me more than telling me that the name under which the e-mail was written is real and that a person with that name works at Swarovski.
So I decided to call the cell phone number provided in the email. Against all expectations someone took off and answered with the appropriate name.
I explained the situation to him and he told me that I really did win and that I was the only one who would call him to check.
Because it really looked like I had won, but I still couldn't believe it, I asked German customer service for help. After all, why should I get a confirmation of my win from Austria if I take part in a competition in Germany?
I got an answer the same evening at 10:00 p.m.
The final confirmation
The customer service wrote me that the competition was conducted via the DACH (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) headquarters which is located in Austria and that they could confirm that I had really won. I was completely over the moon. I was completely over the moon. I had actually won €2,000 ($2.340) worth of Swarovski crystals and then also cut in the form of a Master Chief helmet and an energy sword. Now all I had to do was sign a liability waiver, which I couldn't print out until Sunday.
The win
The package arrived today, March 1st, 2022. I didn't expect the package to arrive at my house 36 hours after I sent the liability waiver. But it worked and I'm overjoyed. The parts are undamaged and beautiful. Tomorrow I'll buy a showcase for it, in which I can display the pieces and illuminate them with color-changing LEDs.
I will add a picture of it later or send it in the comments.

IMG_4383.jpg
IMG_4379.jpg
IMG_4381.jpg
IMG_4380.jpg

If anyone would like more information or better pictures, let me know in the comments and I'll do my best.
It is the set 82/117.

Okay but like that is a giant piece. I thought when they were running the contest they were only small, not the size of your hand.
Same! I thought the sword was gonna be necklace-sized and the helmet more like a keychain (for lack of a better example. Not that you'd use it as one lol)

Same! I thought the sword was gonna be necklace-sized and the helmet more like a keychain (for lack of a better example. Not that you'd use it as one lol)
The sword is 100g (0,22 pound) heavy, 21cm (8,27inch) long, 7,5cm (2,95inch) wide and 1,5cm (0,59inch) high.
The tips seem to be made of metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back