Idea for temperature controlled suit[Discussion]...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I was thinking that I could make a temperature controlled suit by using water pumped through tubes sewn into the undersuit-this means I would have to make my own undersuit.

I'm just not exactly sure how I would heat/cool the water.

It would require:

1) Power, to heat/cool the water

2) I would probably need different mechanisms for heating and cooling (I guess I should look up how A/C's are made :p)

3) I would need some kind of pump

I'll post my ideas here, this is just a place holder for now.

LC

LastSpartan said:
You'll need a lot of spaces ;)

you mean between the armor or something?

Ja, the suit that I do make will be insane; not sure how I'll fit everything on it without nano-tech. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan 161 said:
Also take a look at this product. Welcome to the site Cheese.

http://www.coolshirt.net/

aww are you kidding me! they stole my idea except i was gonna try and make a air conditioned hoodie for use in places like florida =[ i suppose i can still try but knowing someone else has made something so similar it just wont be the same rush making it.

and i was thinking about using a small c02 tank like for paint ball and putting it in the space in the back of my helmet and trying to use that as the coolant and have it cycle thru tubes n stuff. but idk if i can find one that small and where would i put the coils or the fans? and i also had plans for it to spray out c02 when i took the helmet off so it would go tsssss! and make like a foggy decompression effect lol

idk about the rest of the suit maybe the same thing in the armored parts and use good under suit materials so it breaths loads and doesnt get rll hot lol

Spartan 161 said:
This Idea has been discussed several times, take a look at theses threads. If the links don't work copy and paste them into your browser.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7408

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6754

Also take a look at this product.

Thanks for the links!

Welcome to the site Cheese.

Thanks! :D

I've tried to refrain from posting as much as possible until I actually start building my suit (Which probably won't be Halo related, but this site has good info for armor in general.), when I'll probably start a build log.

Hopefully I can get some time this summer to do it.

I've been thinking of building a chilled water circulator into my SCA armor for a while. I was going to use a thermoelectric module to cool a heat-exchanger to chill the water. Putting cooling into MC armor should be able to look decent. The mjolnir armor's shoulders already have places to hide the air ducts for the heat exchanger. Mk V would be perfect with the larger backplate, but I'm sure Mk VI could have it shoehorned in. Now i have to go find my heat transfer and thermo books..... (This has already been mentioned in one of the threads linked up above, but I'm gonna go do some numbers on it to see how much heat a person generates, and how much the Peltier modules can pull out of the water, and how much tubing you'd need to pick up the heat from inside your armor, and what type of tubing to use..... Wheeeeee engineering's fun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back