Ideas For Costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGC Judgemaker

First off, I was going to say that you could add magnets to the weapons and certain parts of the armor to magnetize weapons and grenades like the master chief.

Then I was going to bring up the idea of a P.A. system of sorts, like in the novels and games. Sort of like a darth vader helmet has. Also, I think it would be hella tight to have a camelback LOL.

Also, I was going to suggest that you could put the clips on the shoulders and chest, you know, like the kind that comes on backpacks with the three prongs and such, that way you could have multiple shoulder pieces (I'm using CQB and Scout, maybe EVA and Recon) to add or subtract with ease.

Aren't I an innovator?

dude, a lot of that has already been talked about and debated on here. you just had the same ideas as everyone else. try using the search button haha.

@RGC Judgemaker - I used the component out of a DarthVader mask for my daughter's armor. It worked beautifully. Thought you'd like to know.

As flipboy said, these have all been discussed before. Of course they are probably buried in a search. All good ideas just not original.

Oh. Ouch lol. Yeah, how would I go about using a darth vader mask to do this?

ALSO- What should I use for Helmet lining? You know, the padding and such inside the helmet.

thepuma said:
yeah i'm trying to think on how exactly to do the magnatized weapon

get some big sized rare earth magnets and place them on the inside of your torso and weapon. Then your weapon will stick on you like white on rice.

Magnets:
K & J Magnetics, Inc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd suggest having there be a second form of retention besides just relying on the magnets to make your prop stay put. Perhaps some sort of double rail system, with a third rail that can lock in between, mounted on the weapon. Made out of metal, such a rail could be magnetized, and would offer a little bit more security for that prop you worked *so hard* on.

I want it to be easy to put on and remove because I'm pretty sure that I'll be frequently playing with them.

The rail idea is pretty good, but I'm obsessed with asthetics and the rails may make it look tacky. I want it to look AMAZING and pep weapons may be the wrong way to go with this, but I'll try it anyways. LOl.

RGC Judgemaker said:
First off, I was going to say that you could add magnets to the weapons and certain parts of the armor to magnetize weapons and grenades like the master chief.

Then I was going to bring up the idea of a P.A. system of sorts, like in the novels and games. Sort of like a darth vader helmet has. Also, I think it would be hella tight to have a camelback LOL.

Also, I was going to suggest that you could put the clips on the shoulders and chest, you know, like the kind that comes on backpacks with the three prongs and such, that way you could have multiple shoulder pieces (I'm using CQB and Scout, maybe EVA and Recon) to add or subtract with ease.

Aren't I an innovator?
the PA system has been meantioned in a topic i started called com system i meantioned it as an add on

adventSpartanMatrix said:
the PA system has been meantioned in a topic i started called com system i meantioned it as an add on

COM! That's the word I was looking for.

Yes, I think it would be pretty cool, because it's difficult to hear people in those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back