If The Boot Fits.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsmail

Jr Member
OK, so I finally got an account here, and was trying to avoid retarded noob posts, but my fear far outweighs my pride. I am working on the Landfall ODST, and I see everyone's helmet, and i get excited and want to start, but the very fist thing i ever peped as a learning experience was FAR too small, and caused quite the :mad: when I finished. Anyway, the files thread said the helmet should be the right size, and it was scaled to like 28cm or something like that. This is before i start gluing I want to make sure, as I was under the impression helms were scaled to height...I just don't wan to get done and be
Please to has confirmation? I printed at full size with no scale to fit the page, everything printed fine and looks good, I just need to be sure I'm not crazy.

You can haz recons for your help.

well this is all i know bud is that the height is from your chin to the top of your head and the size will re size its self the only thing is is i haven't quite completed the helm that i scaled "properly" yet. oh another tip i think you have to make it slightly bigger than your size for when you cast it.

Yup thats basically what I did ...I measured from the bottom of my chin to the top of my head in a straight line using a metal ruler. Then I added on a few extra centimetres 4 to be exact ...and with just the padding from a helmet liner it fits me perfectly sits on my head nice and tight but not to tight. also has room for batteries and a fan

alright thanks guys...didn't want to jack it up again....

here's your reconz

recon2.jpg

real recon ftw! lol

Lord Perth 16 said:
alright thanks guys...didn't want to jack it up again....

here's your reconz
recon2.jpg

real recon ftw! lol
:lol: , nicely done.

I finished my helm so if your using Flying Squirrels Hidef Mark VI model I could give you the measurements I used for my helm so you can compare to yours to see if you did the height and such right.

Last edited by a moderator:
M07Marauder said:
:lol: , nicely done.

I finished my helm so if your using Flying Squirrels Hidef Mark VI model I could give you the measurements I used for my helm so you can compare to yours to see if you did the height and such right.

Doesn't the pep program tell you the overall finished measurements for the object? I remember building a mark 6 chest and when it came to the size, I measured the chest I already have, and input that.
Once the pep was done, it turned out the same size as the chest of my armor.

So you just need to guestimate a good size up from the size of your head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back