I'm creating an Airsoft M6 Series Magnum Pistol. Is this allowed here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switches

If this thread is against the rules of the forum, then please delete it. However, please PM me on which pistol variant is the best if this project interests you.

Hi, I don't think any of you remember me. But I was trying to build a Metro 2033 helmet way back in 2013 and I abandoned the project. Whoever took the effort to create that Metro 2033 helmet, I'm sorry for abandoning it, but I have come back with some great news.

I am now working on new projects with an airsoft manufacturer that builds high quality airsoft equipment/gear and weapons. I do not wish to disclose who I am working with at the moment, but I would like to know if any of you are interested in owning a 1:1 scale real life replica of an M6 Magnum Pistol?

• It will be made with mostly either Zinc Alloy or Aluminum
  • Will be built using CNC
  • Any plastic parts would be made of "Fibre-Reinforced Polymer"
  • High precisions parts that will surely scream "quality"
  • OEM replacement parts will be available
  • Will be distributed to all major retailers around the world (i.e. EVIKE, Airsoft GI, RedWolfAsia, etc)
  • "Premium" upgrade parts may be available (i.e. steel parts) in the future
  • Price range can be anywhere between $150~$250 USD
  • Real cocking action, magazine fed, and shoots accurately at a field
  • Ammo capacity can be authentic (12 rounds for M6H2 for example)

If this project is successful, we might move on to the MA5 AR that NCA screwed up badly with their design of said rifle (NCA used conventional AR layout and not a Bulpup layout). Heck, we could very easily skip AEG and go straight to GBBR.

Let's just say the quality will be superior to WE Airsoft, how's that for starters?

All this is possible if the 405th community can supply me the following data and information:

• There are so many variants for the M6 Series pistol. Which variant should the Airsoft Manufacturer make? Please choose only one.
  • Provide me with the 3D model and texture files extracted from the game. Design of the internals should be easy-peasy for the R&D team. They just need the correct dimensions of the pistol and the correct color and texture of it.

Posibility of other UNSC based firearms is possible. Not too sure for Covenent designs, and Forruner designs will be challening, but it could be possible with the use of "gimmics." However, airsoft Forrunner replicas could potentially be quite fragile. Regardless, everything is a "first step." We'll start with M6 Magnum Pistol.

Rest assured, they will not screw up like other competitors. They will prevail. Trust me.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a STICKY THREAD, which you have missed (no idea how you miss a sticky thread). It is about Paintball and Airsoft both.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=47184

It is prohibited to create here any Airsoft or Paintball related things.

Also, you are breaking the forum rules as well trying to sell here something, as it is clearly written there that any talks about selling or buying are to be in the Marketplace.

I don't even want to start talking about license, that if you mention 'Airsoft manufacturer', you'd have to obtain the license from Microsoft

You're telling me NCA got the rights for their MA5B, then? Last time I checked, they didn't. If Microsoft wants to block it on the grounds of copyright, I doubt it will matter if it is sold elsewhere where copyrights don't matter? :/

I read around the forum and found this thread: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=45280

If I were to make a seperate thread or modify this thread to "I just want the 3D model and texture files for a M6H2 Pistol," then would that be alright then?

I only have Halo 1 and Halo 2 for PC. I don't own an Xbox One or an Xbox 360 which is why I came here to ask.

I did read the sticky. It simply says "paintball gear." If a manufacturer is making an actual airsoft gun with the same or similar internals of a common airsoft gun, I suppose it should be okay? After all, that specific rule was put in place because you don't want players to get "hurt," correct? But that's gear, not airsoft firearms in general. The outer appearance mimics the look of the M5 Pistol, that's really it. It's nothing more than an outer shell which is consistent amongst most airsoft firearm designs of its category.

I'm not really "selling anything here." I'm simply gathering data for a possible frabication of a video game pistol. I simply collect data as to what the majority of the cosplay scene wants. It's no different than Resident Evil cosplayers taking a TM or WE Biohazard M9 pistol for cosplay shoots, or Aliens cosplayers using Snow Wolf's M4A Pulse Rifle for the exact same purpose.

I wish I could post this in the Marketplace, but my account is "too new" to post new threads anywhere other than the "New Recruits" area.

Palmer you are Wrong .

New recruits:

Please note that we do not discuss using our costumes for use while playing paintball or in place or in addition to protective gear for any sport. Our costumes are purely for fun and for no protective purposes whatsoever and therefore we are not qualified to provide advice on any of the following:

1. Making armor to wear during paintball.
2. Making armor to wear over top of protective paintball gear.
3. Altering paintball gear by adding coloured film to visors which may in fact void your warranty.

You are more than welcome to share your build here, but any discussions with respect to that gear being used as protective gear or over top of protective gear for any purpose will not be allowed.

Thank you for your cooperation,

does it say any where that props are banned?

last I looked costumes are worn...

Every thing that fangs said implys that worn gear is banned . as it should be...

No where does it imply that faux firearms are verboten.

case in point . . ther are TONS of threads on how people are making airsoft props . that one user whom is makng a sniper rifle for example..

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=46241&highlight=sniper+rifle

To be honest, the manufacturer I'm friends with could potential make UNSC Marines uniform and gear. If you think that is "dangerous," then think again. The company has rigid guidelines for quality control. MILSPEC design and 500D or 1000D nylon as the basis, and high quality "Fibre-Reinforced Polymer" that can not be penetrated by .20 BBs at a speed of 400FPS.

That specific "rule" your friend, FANGS, made is only there because Cosplayers use "cheap" materials like EVA FOAM and prototyping materials to design their costumes. What I'm doing, is far different and closer to the real materials used to design actual gear for real military use.

Finally, airsofters MAY have a chance to don UNSC gear and fight like a hero in an airsoft game. How's that for starters?

http://www.evike.com/products/37709/
Yes, please tell me again what I am doing is dangerous? If I'm making something at home and it's used for airsoft or paintball, of course it's going to be potentially dangerous. However, I am submitting designs to a manufacturer who has access to high-tech and expensive equipment with far more durable materials to work with.

To be honest, the manufacturer I'm friends with could potential make UNSC Marines uniform and gear. If you think that is "dangerous," then think again. The company has rigid guidelines for quality control. MILSPEC design and 500D or 1000D nylon as the basis, and high quality "Fibre-Reinforced Polymer" that can not be penetrated by .20 BBs at a speed of 400FPS.

That specific "rule" your friend, FANGS, made is only there because Cosplayers use "cheap" materials like EVA FOAM and prototyping materials to design their costumes. What I'm doing, is far different and closer to the real materials used to design actual gear for real military use.

Finally, airsofters MAY have a chance to don UNSC gear and fight like a hero in an airsoft game. How's that for starters?

http://www.evike.com/products/37709/
Yes, please tell me again what I am doing is dangerous? If I'm making something at home and it's used for airsoft or paintball, of course it's going to be potentially dangerous. However, I am submitting designs to a manufacturer who has access to high-tech and expensive equipment with far more durable materials to work with.
I think that the 405th has to declare that they avise against it because of legal reasons

Palmer you are Wrong .
does it say any where that props are banned?

I just heard staff basically don't want to have anything airsoft related.

But, fact is - marketing also selling or buying (or advertising) not in Marketplace is prohibited anyway.

Spartan55, totally agree. 405th has been mentioning we've been lucky Microsoft didn't have anything against using files, etc.

If the forum is under the threat of being shut down because of my activities, then by all means, shut down this thread and delete it from oblivion.

The decision is fair, I will comply.

However, my point still stands about pming for any ideas and such.

If the forum is under the threat of being shut down because of my activities, then by all means, shut down this thread and delete it from oblivion.

The decision is fair, I will comply.

However, my point still stands about pming for any ideas and such.
no it's not just you their are plenty of people who are doing things that are disliked on the forum
this is just a case of the straw that broke back thats all

Hello Switches. I don't make "rules". I make RULES. We do indeed have a rule with respect to no discussions about wearing or making armor of any kind for any purpose other than costuming. I don't care what you make it out of. If it's to be used during paintball or airsoft or toasted marshmallow fights, it will not be discussed here.

This thread does not infringe on that rule, although I do very much thank @commander Palmer for doing her best to continue to keep this community safe. And I also agree that you aren't trying to sell something here....yet.

However, I do not appreciate you coming in and telling our members to provide you with files so that this company, and presumably yourself, can make money off it. We are here to help each other build costumes and have fun. Not to support your bank account. If you're doing a project that you'll make money from, you need to do your own research. Telling members here to provide it to you is not research and not at all cool.

"your friend",

Angela

I don't get any money out of it. A friend from Asia has the machinary and materials to R&D and fabricate the gun itself. Please explain to me how on earth I would have access to expensive CNC machining tools, high quality metals, plastics, laser engraving machinary, etc?

I don't.

But my friend from Asia does. I am not interested in money, what I am interested in is a high quality replica I can hang on my wall, that I can shoot with at an airsoft field with blow back action, actual recoil, and with actual weigh to it. I want to become a UNSC Marine.

I want the most authentic 1:1 scale replica in the world that is legal to own and legal to shoot at an airsoft field.

NCA tried to make the MA5B and it's bloody expensive. You know very well in Canadian dollars, that is almost $900 and very few people would buy such a terrible gun that the engineers couldn't even configure into a bulpup design, let alone were they able to release midcaps for it. Oh, and the body is mostly polymer. Utter rip-off for its price.

At least the price is somewhat justifiable for Laylax's Schrodinger rifle from Ghost in the Shell. Real bulpup design and even the scope works. The Japanese know how to make true replicas.

I am friend with a manufacturer who leads a team of talented engineers who were able to solve half a decade old design issues that plagued GBB airsoft pistols that no one cared about fixing until recently. I am looking into affordable sci-fi pistols where airsoft and Halo fans alike could finally be able to cosplay as a UNSC Marine and shoot enemies with their M6H2 Pistol.

I want to share the joy of Halo at the airsoft fields around the world.

Yet you're telling me I'm here to only make money? Give me a break. If anyone wants, I am willing to pay money for the 3D models and texture files. People can continue making their own prop weapons and use it as part of their cosplay at cons.

However, what I'm doing has two purposes. It can be used as a cosplay gun and can be used safely at an airsoft field.

I am a fan of video games, of Halo. I want to venture into new fields that little to no manufacturer has dared enter. I want to see airsoft fields filled with cosplayers with their sci-fi guns like I see in Japanese airsoft games with their Kantai Collection "cosplay games."

Sooner or later I will even design my own airsoft gun with the look and feel of a "hand-held" 12.7cm Twin Gun Mount used by IJN ships during WWII. It will be glorious. Once I obtain a 3D scanner and 3D printer, I can begin prototyping of such a weapon.

You can't stop my dream even if you stop me on this forum. I will simply look elsewhere on the net to obtain information and data to create all the coolest sci-fi guns for the airsoft community.

Your community was excited for the NCA M5AB to a certain extent. Why is your community not excited for an authentic Halo weapon that will perform the same in real life like it's videogame counterpart?

Unlike NCA's creation, my proposed version of the M6H2 will use similar materials as its in-game counterpart. Metal where it's supposed to be and polymer where it's supposed to be. Real blow back action, 12 rounds per magazine, tritium sights for night time play, working laser sights, and the slide will slide back when no more ammo is in the magazine. Just like the real thing, the same feel, you will be holding the holy grail of "Halo airsoft replica."

My dream is for everyone to enjoy airsoft and be able to own the coolest replicas on earth that money can buy at an affordable price. Why do you think I am only money minded?

When Momofuku Ando first created instant ramen, he never expected his creation would spawn a $60 million USD business. His moto was "Peace will come to the world when the people have enough to eat."

My moto is "We will see videogame themed airsoft events more often in the future, and I want everyone to take part in it."

I want to shoot down Spartans and Marines in an airsoft games like I did in the videogame, Halo. It will feel very authentic... to a certain degree.

At no time did I tell you that you had to buy the files. There is a search function here that is easy to use.

IF the M6H2 is successful, I want to move on to the MA5B or later variants and fix the issues NCA made. I also realized NCA is a rebrand of Snow Wolf and it was a joint venture with EVIKE. Snow Wolf is known for making the ALIENS M4A Pulse Rifle, but the design is fragile, and the shotgun function is only for aesthetics.

For $700 USD, I can improve on the design by changing the gearbox to a V1 or a V3 modified that would enable bullpup configuration. That is the true configuration for MA5B rifle. Depending on how much cost would add up, a deluxe model would have full LCD or LED display on the part where the ammo counter and GPS is displayed. GPS would be a simple digital compass feature that can be recalibrated when facing the correct direction (North).

The magazine would be a standard midcap or lowcap depending on the authenticity level of the gun. The front flashlight will have a minimum of 200 lumens that will last for 1 hour under constant use. 200 lumens is good enough to shine a dark room filled with unsuspected enemies. The rifle would be rear-wired or front-wired depending on how the internals are designed for this weapon.

For added effect, electronic blowback action would be fun, but it is not needed if it compromises durability of the parts.

If we are talking about a full-scale GBBR platform, which is what the manufacturer I am friends with specialize in, we would borrow design features from recent innovations such as WE Airsoft's L85 GBBR. The design is very similar to the MA5B in various ways. Some modifications aside, a GBBR platform would have true recoil and a loud bang every shot.

Airsoft Halo weapons with blowback effects would serve a vital role for fan films that feature these weapons. The films would feel authentic and they would have to be accustomed to the weight and feel of it.

I wish to be a full-fledged mechanical engineer once I graduate from both college and university. I wish to build real military hardware and firearms in the future or perhaps airsoft guns and equipment. Whichever path I take, I want to do something that I can be proud and do something that would help different industries and communities as a whole on an affordable scale.

Money is secondary. Happiness is first priority.

At no time did I tell you that you had to buy the files. There is a search function here that is easy to use.

Sure thing, but there are many models to choose from, and some models may not be true to scale. If a replica is off by a few centermetres, would you really call it an authentic replica? I am a perfectionist and I want everyone to look at the replica with amazement and deep awe: "Finally, a true 1:1 scale replica that I can own and shoot."

If someone who worked on a true 1:1 scale model can supply me their model, it would save a lot of time on R&D and they engineers can focus on the design of the internals. Due to the rather unique design of the M6H2, a typical Hi-CAPA configuration may not work. Who knows though.

Like I said, I'm not really in for the money. If people want money in exchange for a polished model that they worked on that is superior to the game files, then sure, I can provide a fee to use their files.

I will keep on looking, however.

IF the M6H2 is successful, I want to move on to the MA5B or later variants and fix the issues NCA made. I also realized NCA is a rebrand of Snow Wolf and it was a joint venture with EVIKE. Snow Wolf is known for making the ALIENS M4A Pulse Rifle, but the design is fragile, and the shotgun function is only for aesthetics.

For $700 USD, I can improve on the design by changing the gearbox to a V1 or a V3 modified that would enable bullpup configuration. That is the true configuration for MA5B rifle. Depending on how much cost would add up, a deluxe model would have full LCD or LED display on the part where the ammo counter and GPS is displayed. GPS would be a simple digital compass feature that can be recalibrated when facing the correct direction (North).

The magazine would be a standard midcap or lowcap depending on the authenticity level of the gun. The front flashlight will have a minimum of 200 lumens that will last for 1 hour under constant use. 200 lumens is good enough to shine a dark room filled with unsuspected enemies. The rifle would be rear-wired or front-wired depending on how the internals are designed for this weapon.

For added effect, electronic blowback action would be fun, but it is not needed if it compromises durability of the parts.

If we are talking about a full-scale GBBR platform, which is what the manufacturer I am friends with specialize in, we would borrow design features from recent innovations such as WE Airsoft's L85 GBBR. The design is very similar to the MA5B in various ways. Some modifications aside, a GBBR platform would have true recoil and a loud bang every shot.

Airsoft Halo weapons with blowback effects would serve a vital role for fan films that feature these weapons. The films would feel authentic and they would have to be accustomed to the weight and feel of it.

I wish to be a full-fledged mechanical engineer once I graduate from both college and university. I wish to build real military hardware and firearms in the future or perhaps airsoft guns and equipment. Whichever path I take, I want to do something that I can be proud and do something that would help different industries and communities as a whole on an affordable scale.

Money is secondary. Happiness is first priority.

All of these plans and intentions are great, but aren't worth much until you have a product to share.

As stated this is a costuming and prop forum. Let's see what you can design and build! Once you have a product that others are interested in, hit up the marketplace section of this forum. Until then, don't bother to talk prices. No one wants to hear about how much you "think" a product will be without even having an assembled prototype.

As an action sports enthusiast, I would be stoked to see some paintball or airsoft hardware on the market (markers and weapons, not cumbersome protective equipment).

So let's see what you can build!

All of these plans and intentions are great, but aren't worth much until you have a product to share.

As stated this is a costuming and prop forum. Let's see what you can design and build! Once you have a product that others are interested in, hit up the marketplace section of this forum. Until then, don't bother to talk prices. No one wants to hear about how much you "think" a product will be without even having an assembled prototype.

As an action sports enthusiast, I would be stoked to see some paintball or airsoft hardware on the market (markers and weapons, not cumbersome protective equipment).

So let's see what you can build!

I'll see what I can do then. I'll provide pictures of a prototype if the R&D team gives the greenlight and the prototype is a success. I'll provide an update when possible then.

Edit: By any chance can someone provide me the M6H2 game files directly from Halo 5? I can't find the game files anywher on the net and my recently bought copy of Halo 5 Collectors Edition comes with a download code instead of a disc, so I can't rip it from that either. :/

If it's not possible, I'll work with fan made models for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back