Im finally about to start my first costume but I'm tied between master chief halo 3 or halo 4

which master chief Mjolnir armor should I build (by the way this is my first build)

• halo 4

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • halo 3

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You will find it easier to build the Halo 3 suit, because this is your first build. It'll have less complexity and details to the build, and will prove to be a better suit to start your cosplaying journey.
master chief halo GIF

Next, there are several ways to make a cosplay. I personally favor foam as it's easy to cut, shape, and paint.

Then there's Pepakura, it takes a while to build with, but is even easier to paint, and will be sturdier, but more brittle.

Then there's 3D printing which just isn't the same as actually building it yourself, but will make a strong cosplay, but will require lots of sanding.

But all in all, these are some of the most popular ways to cosplay.

Good luck to you sir.

Last edited:
It's really up to you. As Tyler said, a H3 Master Chief would be easier to build because it is simpler than the Halo 4 Chief in terms of details. You might start to build the H3 Chief first and then decide you're ready to tackle the complexity of the H4 one.

hey thanks, sax that's handy. but I am doing Pepakura because it's what I have a little experience in it.
and ill be using cardstock and resin with some fiberglass.
but thanks I have a Lil bro that loves iron man and foam would be great for that.

Welcome to the community! I would also recommend H3, more iconic imo. Pepakura is a good place to start, I would recommend getting a 3D program such as Armorsmith. It would help with getting sizing and placements correct and you can easily print the outlines to build. I wish I used that when I made my first Buckets in 2012, had to rebuild three times.

Welcome to the community! I would also recommend H3, more iconic imo. Pepakura is a good place to start, I would recommend getting a 3D program such as Armorsmith. It would help with getting sizing and placements correct and you can easily print the outlines to build. I wish I used that when I made my first Buckets in 2012, had to rebuild three times.
Or Pepakura Designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back