I'm new to the forum but not to armor making (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

janpan

I'm new to the forum, and I'm really glad I found it (I wish I would have found it BEFORE I finished making armor, but better late than never). I'm using Chris Bryan's method of covering thick mat board with resin/fiberglass and am completely finished with the hard part (that pepakura stuff looks annoying). I have one important question though. In his method he covers both the front and back of the armor in fiberglass cloth and resin, and in a tutorial I found on here (http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2234) it never mentions anything about covering the out side with cloth, only resin. I'm ready to fiberglass but i need to know WHICH METHOD HAS THE BEST RESULT? (I'm going for smooth/metallic looking) THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

P1060225.jpg

P1060226.jpg

EDIT: Chris Bryan's armor just in case you haven't seen (most likely you have though)
http://halo.bungie.org/misc/cb_mcsuit.html?image=Chief3

why did you just deide to join now ? If you joined sooner i can only imagine what your armor would be like. But welcome ! :lol:

Welcome to the forum, Janpan. Cloth and resin on the inside, just resin on the exterior. You'll have a much cleaner surface to work with.

Resin outside 2 layers, resin inside 1 layer, glue fiberglass cloth inside, resin over it, sand otuside lightly, paint.

Thank you all so much, you have been most helpful. Before I found this site all I knew was Chris Bryan's amazing armor, but damn, there are some nutty setups here.

iamyourcousin228 said:
why did you just deide to join now ? If you joined sooner i can only imagine what your armor would be like. But welcome ! :lol:
I would have joined earlier but I was too busy making armor!

Last edited by a moderator:
dsurge said:
quick question... nice helm, but why is there a dick on the front?
You know what? I'm not too sure. I was probably up too late one night working on it and got bored. It also spells master queef on the sides. Don't ask, don't tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back