Im planning to make some cardboard armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter2600

how much do you think it would cost? I can get all the cardboard for free(my dad works for shipping company :D) so for the paint and stuff, and im gonna make a assault rifle and a spartan lazer out of cardboard as well(how much is it for clay?)

really depends on how much effort you want to put into the armor. I spent only around 50 on mine since it was really just the visor and the paint that cost me money, as i was on a schedule to finish it before Halloween.

Google it. I did and got some good results for cheap clay. I made a cardboard armor its in the making....
I would say depending on your size around $50 you should dedicate to this for a good paint job and stuff.

iPwned said:
really depends on how much effort you want to put into the armor. I spent only around 50 on mine since it was really just the visor and the paint that cost me money, as i was on a schedule to finish it before Halloween.
what is the visor made out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
it's a normal motorcycle helmet visor. bought it from this local motorcycle shop around where i live.

iPwned said:
it's a normal motorcycle helmet visor. bought it from this local motorcycle shop around where i live.
wait, so you bought the whole helmet and took it apart? or just the visor?

just the visor. Made the helmet seperately and just stuck the visor up in there. didnt have to attach it anyway or anything, as it fit perfectly in there

weird coincidence

nah that's beyond me. You'll have to ask MysticLegend or someone else who's experienced at making the laser about that.

iPwned said:
nah that's beyond me. You'll have to ask MysticLegend or someone else who's experienced at making the laser about that.
how did u make the AR?

iPwned said:
Cool, I'm "experienced" :D
Just let me know where you get stuck, Hunter2600. Actually....I'll just document all my steps, and you can either copy and/or learn a new technique from it. Just....expect to pay around $100-150 if you do it my way. Clay modeling methods are never cheap :p

hunter2600 said:
how did u make the AR?

drew the basic shape of the AR onto cardboard, cut out two identical sides, connected the sides with cardboard in the middle, detailed the AR (added the grip, top plates, trigger and painted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back