Images not uploading, getting "file too large" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPO mendez

Like the title says, i'm trying to upload pictures while writing a post, and i'm suddenly getting this "file too large" error! Problem is i haven't changed anything that i was doing from before, when it was working! i use bluetooth file transfer to get the pictures from the camera roll on my phone onto my laptop, then dump all those pictures into the project folder on my desktop, which is where i pull them from when i upload here. this has worked fine for, well, forever, and now i'm getting errors all of a sudden. was the file size changed? this is kinda screwing me over since i really have no reliable way to downscale my images that wouldn't take HOURS of tedious work, since there's so many.

CPO mendez - thanks for the heads up! I'm tagging Art Andrews to see if he can tell what is happening. I'm sure he'll have some information for you once he gets a chance to take a look!

Upvote 0
How big is the file you are tying to upload and how many are you trying to upload?

Just went and checked, and they're all between 1,200 and 6,000 KB. it'd been working fine up until this point, and to my knowledge nothing's changed
fILE SIZE.png

Upvote 0
Same here. The "file too large" has only started recently and it is very frustrating Art Andrews . Especially since the ones it does do are often larger than the ones it won't let me. So far I've determined that if I edit/crop the photo I am unable to upload it even if the size is reduced.

The one I'm trying to upload is 3.37mb and doesn't work, but the next one I try is 3.48mb and it works...

Upvote 0
so turns out i was screwing up on my end, but apparently it was also an issue on the site as well. i have a Droid that i take all my pictures on, and just transfer them over bluetooth to my laptop. turns out i had been transferring them through the google photos app before, which is why i hadn't had an issue, but totally blanked and transferred a big batch of pics with the default File Manager app, which is garbage and sends out these massively bloated files. i just deleted the batch off my laptop and re-sent them through google, and they're all barely 3 or 4 MB each. either way, glad the problem got fixed for everyone else as well.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back